Hampton Inn FLL--South v North Port

caligirl1960

Hello folks!

I will be staying in FLL the night before my cruise and have found that the Hampton Inn--South Port is about $50/night cheaper than the North Port location. Can anyone tell me if they've stayed at either or both locations and if there is much difference. This is only for me to put my head on a pillow as my flight doesn't arrive until 6:30 pm and I'll be up early the next day to head to POM for my cruise. Thanks in advance for any insight. 

I’ve stayed in many Hampton Inns, though not either of these.  But they pretty much are cookie cutters: similar rooms, same breakfast buffet.  The locations of these look convenient to I-95, which you’ll be taking to Miami in the morning.  

In the photos, though, the North seems a bit fresher, and the Trip Advisor comments on the South include references to it as dated and worn, which might explain the $50 difference.

I suppose one difference for you might be the dinner options, since Hampton Inns don’t have their own restaurants, so you might want to find out what those options are.  (Call the hotels and ask what’s around. )

I wouldn't overthink this.  🙂

Enjoy your  Cruise!

5 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I’ve stayed in many Hampton Inns, though not either of these.  But they pretty much are cookie cutters: similar rooms, same breakfast buffet.  The locations of these look convenient to I-95, which you’ll be taking to Miami in the morning.  

In the photos, though, the North seems a bit fresher, and the Trip Advisor comments on the South include references to it as dated and worn, which might explain the $50 difference.

I suppose one difference for you might be the dinner options, since Hampton Inns don’t have their own restaurants, so you might want to find out what those options are.  (Call the hotels and ask what’s around. )

I wouldn't overthink this.  🙂

Enjoy your  Cruise!

Oh my gosh, you are so right....I'm way overthinking this. I've booked the South Port hotel and then seconded guessed myself on the cost. Thank you for bringing me back to reality, I appreciate it!