Which ship for Alaska?

MaryBethV

We did a one way from Vancouver to Whittier last August on the Coral Princess and loved it. Coral has a full promenade deck- deck 7-which was fantastic in Alaska for the wildlife viewing- as you are closer to the water level you can see so much more than you can from a higher deck. Also, as my husband is a runner, having a 1/4 mile track sure beats the 1/13 mile one we have had on other ships.  Other things we appreciated were having open viewing areas both forward and aft (we were on deck 10 but there may be some on other decks) and the opportunity to hear Libby Riddle's (the first woman to win the Iditarod) presentation. Finally,  I enjoyed meeting the absolutely adorable sled dog puppies in the atrium:).    We did post cruise touring on our own and loved staying in Kantishna at the "end of the road" in Denali. A one way flight in and the camper bus out two days later gave us a good amount of time to see this incredible place. 

On 2/22/2019 at 2:33 PM, MaryBethV said:

We also have Sprint cellular and a Verison hotspot. 

When I was in Alaska last July, Sprint did not have their own network. They do have a roaming agreement with a local service (you'll have to look it up), but it worked fine but has a data cap (which my wife reached but I didn't).

Steve