Internet without a package? (Divina)

SeaTheW0rld

Hey all.

I'm trying to decide if I need an internet package for my transatlantic cruise.  We have quite a few ports where I'll have at least slow data and text included. Most will have phone, too. I think I can probably due without on the 9 sea days (despite how much I post here).

I understand the packages. Can one buy smaller amounts?  How much? 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Last time it was related to social media or internet all, not in size.... 

If you book media, there is no acess to other Internet.... 

Would you mind explaining the media package please. Does it mean you can check email (multiple accounts) and something like facebook?

• Like 1

We're on Divina now. Purchased 3.5 GB for $70 (pre cruise). Good for email, Facebook, Google and WhatsApp. Don't think you could watch videos. We've been checking email, whatsapping and googling each day and seems fine for us. Nice that it's by GB and not by time. Haven't had any problems connecting. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, XLVIII said:

We're on Divina now. Purchased 3.5 GB for $70 (pre cruise). Good for email, Facebook, Google and WhatsApp. Don't think you could watch videos. We've been checking email, whatsapping and googling each day and seems fine for us. Nice that it's by GB and not by time. Haven't had any problems connecting. 

I'll have my tablet all loaded up with Netflix for videos. Thanks.  

On 2/24/2019 at 3:18 AM, XLVIII said:

Many thanks for the explanation.

On 2/23/2019 at 11:30 AM, kevinrobedm said:

Netflix did not work for me when we were on the Seaview in November of last year.  It did say in the packages that video streaming was supported.  Maybe this has changed since November but it did not work for me.

IDK if it works for all countries, but in the USA Netflix allows one to download a lot of content to a mobile device. The only limit is the amount of storage on your device.