Early booking / deposit questions

justme665

We have been on several (NCL and other) cruises, but usually we're booking closer to the sail date that full payment is due almost right away anyway. There's a cruise for Feb 2020 that we are interested in, and the deposit is very cheap. We would most likely book directly through the NCL website as we always do. I'm wondering a few things:

1. What's the benefit of booking this early, generally speaking?
  2. What happens if the price drops? Do we get to benefit from that?
  3. If we decide to not go on this cruise after all, what happens to our deposit? I tried to find NCL's policy but it still wasn't super clear to me.

Thanks so much! Really appreciate any insight.

15 minutes ago, justme665 said:

We have been on several (NCL and other) cruises, but usually we're booking closer to the sail date that full payment is due almost right away anyway. There's a cruise for Feb 2020 that we are interested in, and the deposit is very cheap. We would most likely book directly through the NCL website as we always do. I'm wondering a few things:

1. What's the benefit of booking this early, generally speaking?
  2. What happens if the price drops? Do we get to benefit from that?
  3. If we decide to not go on this cruise after all, what happens to our deposit? I tried to find NCL's policy but it still wasn't super clear to me.

Thanks so much! Really appreciate any insight.

1. Easy fares (early booking) are typically lower than you will see as the cruise gets closer

2. If the price drops or promo's change before final booking you can call and ask for a price adjustment or cancel and re-book with the new promo's in most cases.( or a good TA will be watching this for you)

3. Deposit is refundable up until final payment (USA cruisers)

Hope that helps....

Edited by cinbol
  • Like 1

I am booked for Feb 2020 and the main reason I book early is more time to pay it off (especially if you book a suite).  Depending on your sailing or ship, the price may drop. If it does prior to your final payment, you get that price.  So you have nothing to lose.  More important is  you also can get additional perks added to your booking.  My PCC tells me anytime that if any new offer comes up, I am entitled to it.  Its already happened for my current booking.  They had the same perks but with $300 OBC and yep, my PCC was able to add it to my account.

You can cancel your cruise at anytime prior to final payment and get refunded 100%.

IMHO you have nothing to lose :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

I have been booked for Feb 2020 since March of 2018!!! I booked during $1 deposits. LOL! My dollar or any other money I pay is fully refundable until Oct 2019. If the cruise is cheaper I will have to cancel and rebook for the lower rate. 

If you are looking at 2/1/20 join our rollcall!