Princess ez-air

camper49

We usually drive to Florida for our cruises . Thinking of flying for our February 2020 cruise. Not much experience with flying ...only once to Alaska. Cruise is out of Fort Lauderdale. We would like to spend the prior week in Kissimmee & a few days post cruise in the Fort Lauderdale area. Is this a possibility?

So, I'll ask - why do you want to take the cruise line air? Generally, from what I have seen or heard, the savings on domestic US flights (assuming that's what you're doing) are minimal, if anything. You don't plan to head straight to the ship, meaning any "promise" of them getting you to the next stop doesn't really matter. All you're likely going to do is put a middle man in between you and the airline...and that middle man specializes in cruises, not flights.

13 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Cruise is out of Fort Lauderdale. We would like to spend the prior week in Kissimmee & a few days post cruise in the Fort Lauderdale area. Is this a possibility?

Leaving aside the good question about why you'd want to do this through the cruise line:* Yes, no problem.

You can either buy a one-way ticket for each direction, or you can buy a multi-city ticket that takes you from Maine to Orlando, and then from Fort Lauderdale or Miami back to Maine. These days, there's probably little price difference between these options. There's no necessary reason why you have to fly back on the same airline, so you should look at all of the options and permutations.

You will want to think about how you'd get from Orlando/Kissimmee to Fort Lauderdale. But ISTR that many/most car rental companies don't charge one-way fees to pick up in one place in Florida and drop off in another - so that would seem to be one easy possibility.

* I can think of one possible good reason for doing the air travel through the cruise line, which is if your plans are relatively fluid, you want the freedom to be able to cancel the cruise booking and the air travel for little penalty, and the cruise line's T&C allow you to do this. If you buy air tickets separately, they're likely to be non-refundable from the time that you buy them.

12 minutes ago, Zach1213 said:

So, I'll ask - why do you want to take the cruise line air? Generally, from what I have seen or heard, the savings on domestic US flights (assuming that's what you're doing) are minimal, if anything. You don't plan to head straight to the ship, meaning any "promise" of them getting you to the next stop doesn't really matter. All you're likely going to do is put a middle man in between you and the airline...and that middle man specializes in cruises, not flights.

Thanks. As I said no experience here...only Alaska...and ez air was the most reasonable . 

Love CC and all the info from everyone!