Rendezvous Caye

Nurse Mom

On 3/2/2019 at 9:26 AM, Nurse Mom said:

Has anyone been to Rendezvous Caye? How is it? Are you picked up right off the ship? 

I went last November on Carnival. The excursion started out terrible, which was Carnival's fault. They didn't tell us, but combined our tour with one from another of their ships, so we had to go pick up those people first.  Wouldn't have been quite as bad, but when we got to the other ship, we had to wait a long time for a tender to leave, so we bobbed around in the water for about 45 minutes, and many people weren't feeling well.

I was disappointed in the snorkeling at Rendezvous Caye.  It may have been because I'd snorkeled in Roatan the day before, and also because I was really cold in the water.  It just didn't seem like we saw that many fish.  Not bad, just not great in my opinion.  The island itself is a beautiful little island though.  

I'm booking another Western Caribbean trip so I can go back to Roatan, but I'll definitely skip Rendezvous Caye this time around.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we did indeed go to Rendezvous Caye last week while onboard the Magic.  It was pretty seemless.  We were the only Carnival ship in Port so we didnt have to pick anyone else up from any other ships, not that they would have fit on the boat anyway lol.  We had a pretty good size crowd but it didnt seem all to crowded on the island.  Even though it was kind of cloudy and raining on and off, this place was beautiful.  The snorkeling was pretty amazing.  Plenty of sea life and coral.  The meal they provided was pretty good as well.  Overall it was great.  The wife wants to book a cruise with Belize as one of the stops so we can go here again, to hopefully see it again with the sun shining.