FOOD UPCHARGE?

Momma Mojito

4 hours ago, jcruizer said:

Wow we have never seen this on our cruises. Is this why the steak is not available every night as an option in the main restaurant?

Well the steak was taken off the always available a few years ago.

This was implemented a less than 2 years ago.

It may look that way now.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

And it gives Princess the ability to offer few if any beef choices as part of the regular menu. If you want beef other than hamburger or meatloaf on some nights, the only option may end up being to pay for the extra cost item.

I'm glad to hear about this, my husband has never had a good steak in the Dining Room so maybe now he can enjoy one other then going to the Speciality Restaurants.  But I do have to admit I enjoy that I enjoy going to the Speciality Restaurants!!

5 hours ago, jcruizer said:

Wow we have never seen this on our cruises. Is this why the steak is not available every night as an option in the main restaurant?

It very well could be plus the steak now offered occasionally in the DR that's included with the basic menu (Regal Princess) was so bad our whole table had to send it back for something else. 

btw-It was the only meal that was uneatable. 

12 hours ago, reedprincess said:

As you can see from the photo above, you have a few sides as choices. Our table mate ordered a steak from CG and asked for the creamed  spinach dish, even though it wasn't listed - no problem, she received that, along with baked potato.  It's not a full CG meal, no desserts or starters included. It's just the steak/lobster and a few sides.  Again, see menu insert posted above.

I'll try putting in an order for all 3 sides, skip "main dish" on Star next week. That'd make me a happy diner!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'll try putting in an order for all 3 sides, skip "main dish" on Star next week. That'd make me a happy diner!

Good luck.

Please report back if successful ordering all three sides from the CG MDR menu, and skipping the “main dish”.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Good luck.

Please report back if successful ordering all three sides from the CG MDR menu, and skipping the “main dish”.

Will do. I avoid specialty restaurants (except Kai Sushi) bc I'm a vegetarian so that might be the only way I could get those sides