Nieuw Statendam room choice question

akabourek

hi

we are booking the nieuw statendam june 30th cruise to the fjords, and we are looking at cabin 6121, which is directly across from the elevators - i was wondering if there was a wall between the elevator banks and the rooms, i am somewhat concerned about the noise, we are trying to locate near my sister also travelling on the ship = but further down the hall from teh elevator banks.  has anyone had experience with rooms this close to the elevators?

thanks for the help

We just got off the NS. Our room was on de k 4 very near the elevator. There was absolutely no noise.  There were problems with noise in cabins that were near the Rolling Stone Rock Room. That venue was very loud!!

Hi.  We had cabin 6119 for 14 nights.  We are not usually bothered by noise and we weren't on this cruise.  But if you look at the deck plans, 6119 is a little more exposed to the elevator/stair area than 6121 is.  6121 isn't directly across from the elevators but it is around the corner (yes, there is a wall, the one in back of the elevator!).  We could hear some noise sometimes but it wasn't that bad.   But like I said, a little noise doesn't bother us.  I hope I answered your question.