Educate me on the Alchemy Bar

l8cruiser

Put me down as another lover of the alchemy bar, and I don't drink much alcohol.  I love the flavors of the drinks though, the fresh herbs/fruit/etc., the quietness of it because there's no blenders used, the lack of "fizzzness", their bar snack tray with the cheese and olives,  just pretty much everything about it. 

• Like 1

My wife and I visited Alchemy almost every night on our recent cruise. It has a great vibe, and we enjoy their drinks. We tried a number of different drinks, but the two that I enjoyed the most was the  spicy chipotle pineapple martini and the old fashioned. 

The bartenders on Horizon were very entertaining as well.

wife and I became regulars at alchemy as soon as we started getting the cheers drink package. The drinks are just about all great and they can make up new drinks. I told them I really liked that XO horchata liquor and they made sort of a chocolate spiked milk with it. I also taught them how to make a suffering bastard which was my favorite drink, although that cost 2 drink charges I think.

We tell the mixologist the kind of drinks we like and why we like them. We also state the kind of drinks we do not like. The mixologist then custom makes us each our own drink. I have never been disappointed. We did not know they would do a custom drink until on one cruise a fellow patron did not order a drink while sitting with his wife, who had ordered a drink. The mixologist ask why he did not want one from menu. The husband said he was a whiskey man and so the mixologist made him a custom drink. He loved it and he was nice enough to let us all around him( even though we were strangers) try it. It was delicious!! The rest of the cruise we would go to the same mixologist to order "the whiskey  drink  you made the man in the  cowboy hat ". We sat with our new friends and all ordered it several times! Great times at the Alchemy Bar!!!