Past Alaska Land tour passengers on HAL

dundeene

I am curious as to how the Alaska land tours work. For my sailing there are more than a dozen different land options.  Some have an overlap of both date and location with ours, some don't.

Will I be together with the same group throughout the tour? (same bus, same hotel, same train car)

Is there any way to find out how many people are on the exact land tour?

Can I expect a group of 30 or a group of 150?

I appreciate any insights from past HAL Alaska land-tour veterans.

Thank you!

You will travel with the same group of people, probably 40-45 or a bus load.  There are so many groups going to different places at different times that your group will  have a group number for your tour and there may be a Group A and B.  You will receive a packet at the beginning of the land portion with your itinerary.  You will receive more information along with your room key at each destination.  Last year our bus had a designated stop before we got to the hotel in Denali and our room keys were distributed and resort information was provided.  The bus then took us directly to our cabin.  Our luggage was delivered shortly after.

On the Yukon cruisetours there is a journey host with each group.  Denali only (not Yukon) cruisetours now function on their own.  HAL has an extremely well organized tour presence in Alaska and the Yukon.