Volendam Handicapped Cabin 2555

cavcmy

My nephew has CP and is in wheelchair. I am looking for any and all information regarding HC 2555 on the Volendam? Configuration, square footage, shower set up, tips, etc. Also, if you have any comments about its location (noise from elevator/bathrooms). Thank you for your help.

Have not been on this HAL ship, but have been several times on the Statendam and Ryndam. We have not had an inside room though. The roll-in shower is smaller than some, as is the bathroom (not fully ADA compliant) but still usable. It looks like this cabin only accomodates 2...we have had a wheelchair cabin that accomodates 3 with roll-in in some of HAL's larger cabins and were quite comfortable.

I have found the Access office at HAL quite helpful in the past. On our first trip, we had some real concerns about the bathroom, and they arranged to e-mail us digital photos from the ship. You might want to ask them if they would do this for you too.

Access & Compliance Department at 800-547-8493; TTY 800-254-8669; locally at 206-281-3535 ext. 4514 or e-mail us at HALW_Access@hollandamerica.com

Archived