Marina Vista Suites

mertziek

Which deck on Marina has the largest balconies for the Vista Suites?  Any differences between the inside of the suites on different decks?  What deck would you select and why?  What exercise equipment is in the suite’s exercise room? TIA

We have been in 9001 and 10001 on Marina.  We didn't see a difference in the inside parts, although one person -- I'm not sure which suite he was in -- complained about some pillars in the living room that he found difficult.  I never noticed anything like that.

I don't know the specific answer to your question regarding veranda size but if you look at the deck plans, it appears from the visuals that Deck 12 has the largest verandas.  I might opt for Deck 12 if sailing again in a VS but I'm not sure I want to be that high on, say, a TA!  On Deck 8, there are two lower-level cabins in between the two Vistas, which may explain why there is a side rather than front entrance to the suites.  Decks 9 and 10 don't have those "inbetween" suites.  There aren't VS accommodations on Deck 11 because of the bridge.

In looking again at the deck plan, I'm not sure that the Deck 12 verandas are really larger -- there are no inbetween cabins but there does appear to be an inbetween hallway.

Maybe Jim&Stan will weigh in here.  Or ask Oceania or your TA for details.  As I recall there is a big spread in square footage between the Vistas (like between 1200 and 1500 sf, something like that, don't quote me.)

Most people complain about winds being so high under sail that you can't use the deck so it may not matter what size they are.  I have to say we never noticed, BUT we didn't spend much time out there when underway either.  OTOH, the views going into port are fantastic.  And it's fun to see the crew working at those times.

It's a while since we've been on a VS so I'm not sure about the equipment in the exercise room.  I remember two big units, one was probably a bike but I don't recall the other.  (And these things may change regularly as well.)

Sorry I can't be more helpful!  But these suites are very comfortable, EVEN if you can't use the veranda while sailing!

The downside:  a very long walk to the restaurants ... my husband usually takes after dinner walks around the deck, but when we were so far forward he didn't bother!

Mura

Mura - Thank you for your insights.  We have been in forward suites before on NCL ships, once on a Transatlantic, and got used to the wind.  It really did not bother us.  We looked at the Marina aft suites, too, but really are people who like to see where we are going not where we have been.  We think we will try to book 9001 because it’s closest to the concierge lounge.  If the verandas are larger on 12, we might opt for that.

Edited by mertziek

We were in 9001 on our first Marina cruise back in October '11.  We'd been booked for an August Alaska cruise on Riviera but O made us an offer we couldn't refuse to switch.  Same fare (which was about 1/2 of the Marina fare) plus extra OBC -- and we'd already had $1200 OBC because when we booked the Alaska cruise they were desperate for passengers. 

It did cost us something to change our air reservations, but that didn't bother us at all!  Some people (I believe) have asked Oceania to kick in an adjustment on personal air fare but it never occurred to us to ask.

We did love the suite!

One thing to consider:  if lights are on (even if it's just because the curtains aren't absolutely closed) the Bridge will ask you to turn them off.  We ran around trying to find a light switch for the veranda lights and never did.  Then it dawned on us that when the cabin stewards had done the turn-down, they didn't QUITE close the curtains.

Problem solved.

Yes, 9001 is close to the concierge suite but we rarely used it.  Pretty much if we missed lunch, we'd go in and look for sandwiches or cookies!  Others use it a lot more than we did.

Mura