DIY in St Lucia a bad idea?

janiss815

Hi, we will be in St Lucia in April as a stop on our cruise.  I've been combing through the posts here trying to finalize our day and now I'm wondering if renting a car and doing it on our own is a really bad idea.  Some background, we are family of 4 (kids are 12 and 16) and we love to travel.  My husband love to drive and is a great driver - we did an Ireland driving tour on our own last year - so he is used to driving on either side of the road.  I did tentatively book a car reservation but can be cancelled.  

Some of the things that worry me are the reports of crime against tourists as well as finding our way around St Lucia on essentially an 8 hour period.  Do many cruise passengers opt to do this port on their own?  St Lucia doesn't seem to be a great beach destination as other stops on our cruise.   

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

I think you might be better off booking a private tour on St Lucia. Our favorite is with Cosol. Just Google or look at the many pro's using this company and how many of us here highly recommend this company.

Thank you Ashland.  I think you are right.  After much thought and some advice from tripadvisor, I came to realize I won't be saving much doing it on our own and then dealing with the hassle.  After considering Cosol, Real St Lucia, Spencer and Serenity, I think I've decided on booking with Cosol.

8 hours ago, janiss815 said:

Thank you Ashland.  I think you are right.  After much thought and some advice from tripadvisor, I came to realize I won't be saving much doing it on our own and then dealing with the hassle.  After considering Cosol, Real St Lucia, Spencer and Serenity, I think I've decided on booking with Cosol.

Good decision....You are all going to love the tour with Cosol !!!!