USS Arizona memorial and purses?

bar10der421

The Pearl Harbor site with visitor tips says "NO" purses.  There are two numbers you can call to confirm if clear plastic is or is not allowed, 808-954-8759 or 866-332-1941.   Cherie

Edited by cccole

25 minutes ago, sahresko said:

I was there yesterday and saw two different individuals carrying the clear bags big enough to hold wallets, phone, sun glasses and bottled water.

Were you able to go out on the Memorial? It has been closed. If you weren't able to go out on the Memorial, the purse restrictions may not have applied.

The bag limit applies to the entire site.  Unfortunately, access to the Memorial is still closed even though it was supposed to be open by March.  They do take you out on boat to see the Memorial up close. 

On 3/17/2019 at 9:46 PM, sahresko said:

I was there yesterday and saw two different individuals carrying the clear bags big enough to hold wallets, phone, sun glasses and bottled water.

I was hoping to hear this. My purse isn't even big enough to hold the bottled water. I will take it and if they tell me it has to be checked I will be first with that. Thank you for the first hand info.