Coffee question: classic vs. premium beverage packages

petefoss

Searching isn't finding anything so...

What is the difference in "premium coffee" and "specialty coffee" as affected by the Classic and Premium beverage packages?  The listings for the packages have every brand listed for the boozes but what's the comparison on coffees?

Thanks,

Pete

Pretty sure the only difference is which alcohol you can pour into your coffee drinks. 

Espresso Cappuccino Latte etc are included with the Classic and Premium packages. 

These are included in Premium but not classic 

• Baileys Irish Cream
  • Chambord
  • Cointreau
  • Courvoisier VSOP
  • Disaronno Amaretto
  • Drambuie
  • Frangelico
  • Godiva
  • Grand Marnier
  • Remy Martin VSOP
  • St. Germain
  • Tuaca
Edited by mfs2k

With all due respect to mfs2k, I'd seek further clarification of this if it's important to you. The Celebrity promotional material is pretty confusing, suggesting "Specialty" coffees are only available with Premium.

The primary factor to keep in mind when comparing the Classic vs. Premium bev pkg is the cost of the beverage.  Some of the coffee cocktails at Cafe al Bacio are prepared with spirits, such as Grand Marnier or Amaretto, that are not included in the CBP, but cost less than the CBP limit of $9, so no additional cost. 

Check out MR_T’s live review on the Reflection 03/11/19 – page six has the Café al Bacio menu pages listing current selection and prices.  I enjoyed many such coffee cocktails during my October 2018 Equinox sailing and never paid extra with the CBP.  HTH 

If you're just drinking coffee and espresso drinks (lattes, mochas, etc.) the Classic package will cover them all. 

If you're an Irish Coffee or Baileys-and-Coffee person, the Premium Package might make more sense based on how many you drink. If it's one a day, go Classic and just pay the difference. 

The question is not about cocktails - the question is about "specialty coffees". The Celebrity promotional materials specifically identify "PLUS: Specialty coffees & teas"  as being an additional benefit of the Premium package.

It's important to note that the packages treat non-alcoholic beverages differently than alcoholic ones  - e.g. Pelegrino is less than $9 but is NOT included in the Classic package.

Edited by wpgcycler
additional info

31 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

The question is not about cocktails - the question is about "specialty coffees". The Celebrity promotional materials specifically identify "PLUS: Specialty coffees & teas"  as being an additional benefit of the Premium package.

The difference between the two is alcohol. Premium coffee and tea includes any non-alcoholic coffee or tea you have to pay for. Specialty coffees/teas  are made with premium coffee/tea and alcohol. There seems to be inconsistencies between ships on whether there is an upcharge for those with classic packages.

Edited by cruzzzinma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have the classic package for our next sailing. On other ships I have enjoyed  a baileys with ice-cream for my desert in the MDR as I have to eat gf food and this usually ends up being a choc desert of which  am not a big fan.  As far as I can see Baileys is not included in the classic package.  Do I have to pay the full cost of the baileys or just any cost over the $9 limit.  I also like quite nice wine so trying to decide if I should up grade or not.  But as I am treating 8 of us on this big family celebration I will feel bad if only my DH and I are the ones enjoying the better wine lol. but 8 upgrades on top of what we have paid 😱