guaranteed balcony cabin

We have just been allocated out guaranteed XB balcony cabin. Not real happy though as I was unaware it could have been an obstructed one. We not only have a life boat right in front of us, but also the big white lifeboat arm and in addition as we are at the very back of the ship, we have the protruded wall on out left. We have been allocated room 6308. Does anyone have any info on this room on just how bad the obstructions are? Is it possible to ask RCL to reassign the room?

I take the obstructed view cabins on this class of ship without any hesitation. Usually the obstruction is the lifeboats blocking view of the water but your cabin is a bit obstructed from looking straight back due to the way the 270 venue wraps around the back. I still just like the ocean air but even if you get "stuck" there by Royal, I do have a nice thing to say about it;

there is a door to the library right by you so you can access 270 easily for a place to relax or grab a bite from the 270 café on deck 5.

Obstructed view balconies are for people who don't spend any time in their cabins admiring the view.  I would change it the first chance I got.  When we did Royal Brilliance we got the "hump" balcony and it was perfect, midship so no sea sickness, and views for days.

On 3/15/2019 at 4:09 AM, ferries1 said:

We have just been allocated out guaranteed XB balcony cabin. Not real happy though as I was unaware it could have been an obstructed one. We not only have a life boat right in front of us, but also the big white lifeboat arm and in addition as we are at the very back of the ship, we have the protruded wall on out left. We have been allocated room 6308. Does anyone have any info on this room on just how bad the obstructions are? Is it possible to ask RCL to reassign the room?

Not sure how it works in your part of the world, but here in North America once a cabin has been assigned it is no problem to switch to any other available cabin in the same category without charge.  

Hi all. I tried to change cabins but was advised there were no more cabins available, even to upgrade. I had put a bid in with royal up and even though it kept coming back each time as cancelled, I persisted every day and behold!!!!! Our bid was accepted to a larger balcony cabin yesterday. We are now on deck 13. Strange though when I was told there were no cabins.... but very happy no matter.