Joy/Bliss Alaska show times

Skychief

We are booked in the Joy in June and want to book our specialty dining, but we want to book our times around the evening shows.

Since getting information about Joy is like finding a needle in a haystack, I am going to make an assumption that the showtimes will be similar to that of Bliss.  Can anyone tell me what the times were on Bliss in Alaska?

Also, are the specialty restaurants the only restaurants you can make reservations?  So far they are the only ones available to book online and with the app.

Thanks in advance!

The Bliss is obviously sailing a different itinerary than it did last year. The Joy's itinerary is more like the Bliss last year. Since the Joy has never sailed in US waters, there is no information other than from those who are already booked on her first sailings. 

The best thing to do is at 12-midnight, 120 days prior to your cruise, logon to your MyNCL account, quickly book your shows, then book the dining around it. The system will normally block 2.5 hours for a specialty dining reservation, so if you get into a situation where it is not allowing you to book dinner 1.5 hours before a show, that's why.

Just as an EXAMPLE, here's the Bliss entertainment schedule from last year

1b24e13da1fe3311380fe8978f63aa90.heic

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

This is good info....we are actually 85 days out, but only able to book specialty restaurants....both the app and website say shows have to be booked on board....I think I’ll call NCL tomorrow and see if I can book the shows over the phone.

Thank you for the show info from last year....I’m guessing the times will be very similar....it’s a good start!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 6:28 PM, Skychief said:

We are booked in the Joy in June and want to book our specialty dining, but we want to book our times around the evening shows.

Since getting information about Joy is like finding a needle in a haystack, I am going to make an assumption that the showtimes will be similar to that of Bliss.  Can anyone tell me what the times were on Bliss in Alaska?

Also, are the specialty restaurants the only restaurants you can make reservations?  So far they are the only ones available to book online and with the app.

Thanks in advance!

I called the customer service last night to try and book shows on Joy for the week of July 20th to Alaska.  They were able to get them for me.  The times were 7:00 pm and I believe 9:30 pm.  At least for Footloose and Elements.  I could not get the on-line link to work.  

I am booked on the Joy May 18th.

ELEMENTS:

5/19 - 7 PM and 9:30 PM

5/10 - 7 PM and 9:30 PM

FOOTLOOSE:

5/22 - 7 PM and 10 PM

5/23 - 7 PM and 10 PM

Wine Lovers the Musical: need to book on board for a $29.44 charge, pre-bookings not accepted.

• 1 month later...

I was on the Joy for the May 25 sailing and had booked both Footloose and Elements in advance.  Surprise - we got to our cabin and the dates for the shows had switched.  Footloose was on day 2 and 3 while Elements was on day 5 and 6.  It wasn't a huge issue - NCL had already switched the shows for us based on our reservation time and we had a letter advising us of the change.  I just needed to change one of our dining reservations because Footloose is a longer show and I did so without any issues.

There's no prohibition show or silent disco on the Joy but there was a wine lover's the musical and all the usual comedy shows.  Once we were onboard I was able to book the comedy shows, laser tag, and speedway with no problem.  And there's always the stand-by line if you aren't able to make reservations for the time you want.  

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL Time. 

Miami

Eastern Time. 

Thank you !  I’m relieved I can do it at 9 my time since I’m on west coast lol  I don’t stay up til midnight except on cruises lol