Fascination - deck 5 ocean view

beshears

If you have been on the Fascination within the past year, and had a room on deck 5, what would you say this deck would be the closet to, other than getting of the ship? 🙂 I was thinking we were on deck 7, but my TA informed me we were on deck 5. 😞 Maybe it won't be too bad getting to the other decks. 🙂

Have never been on deck 5.  Only deck 7.  But...remember the Fascination is a small ship.  Not crowded.  Never a long wait for the elevators, or if you can, take the stairs.  Even when boarding after a day at port, not a long wait for the elevator. 

Enjoy your cruise.

carnival-fascination-Deck-Plan-pdf.ashxDeck 5 is all rooms so you would need to view a diagram of the ship to see what elevators you are near or what activities you are below.  Google “Carnival Fascination deck plan”

& look for the pdf link from Carnival. It shows all levels of the ship side-by-side so it’s easy to determine where to go.

Edited by soonernstlouis

Fascination is a small ship and never really seems crowded or too busy.  The elevators are quick and Deck 5 is not a big deal, although not necessarily close to anything except other rooms.  We were on deck 6 three weeks ago and found it very convenient with the elevators rarely busy.   The promenade is deck 9 and Lido is 10, dining rooms are on 8.  Deck 3 is where you embark and disembark for port days and also where medical office hides.  

14 hours ago, beshears said:

If you have been on the Fascination within the past year, and had a room on deck 5, what would you say this deck would be the closet to, other than getting of the ship? 🙂 I was thinking we were on deck 7, but my TA informed me we were on deck 5. 😞 Maybe it won't be too bad getting to the other decks. 🙂

We were in an ocean view on deck 6 last September and never had an issue getting to where we wanted to go.

1 minute ago, beshears said:

OK, thank you for your response.  Less than two weeks we should be on the Fascination. 🙂

We had a great time and its a wonderful itinerary. Ours also included Dominica.

Yes, I know it has a wonderful itinerary, but the main reason I am going this direction/ship is because of St. Lucia.  I fell in love with it several years ago, and it is very expensive to fly from Kansas City to San Juan.  I have been able to go twice, and this may be the last time for me.  As for Dominica, I was able to visit it a little over a year ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beshears said:

Yes, I know it has a wonderful itinerary, but the main reason I am going this direction/ship is because of St. Lucia.  I fell in love with it several years ago, and it is very expensive to fly from Kansas City to San Juan.  I have been able to go twice, and this may be the last time for me.  As for Dominica, I was able to visit it a little over a year ago.

St. Lucia is a favorite of ours also.

You will probably think this is funny/odd/strange, but when I describe it to people of what I have found, besides the people, etc., it reminds me of a Crayola Box with all it's vivid colors and the Piton mountains, with the beach right underneath the mountains. 🙂

When we sail carnival I always book deck 4.try to get aft.works for me .always did inside but I got ocean view this go around.i got a deal on a our first balcony on next summers cruise but not with carnival.i like decks with cabins on top and below.