Rotterdam out of Tampa - port question

hugger

We are sailing on the Rotterdam out of the Port of Tampa in a couple of weeks.

In Ft Lauderdale we always take bottled water and cans of soda onboard.  We normally just tape it all up and use a luggage tag to have the luggage porters bring it onboard to our cabin.

About 3 years ago I sailed out with RCL from Tampa and the luggage porters said that they weren't allowed to take the soda and water.  But, that we could carry it on ourselves.

Wondering IF anyone has done this out Tampa lately and if you could have it sent onboard with checked luggage? BTW I know the drinking water is drinkable onboard.  However, I drink tons of water and it's nice to have the bottles available to me.  I tend to retain water on a cruise and the bottled option seems to help with that.

Thanks for your input 

Someone else asked the same question last week.  We sailed out of Tampa last month.  We did not carry on water and did not spend a lot of time in the baggage off loading area.  We did have a front row seat to watch everyone coming in for about 30 minutes while we were waiting to board and I saw NO ONE carrying on water or soda with the hand baggage and we saw 100s pass by.  That means no one on this cruise decided to bring it on or that the porters took the beverages with checked luggage.  It was a very easy port to move through.   

• Thanks 1

The Port of Tampa Cruise port requires all carry on beverages to be carried on by the passenger. 

Please check your cruise documents for HAL's specific policy on carry on beverages. I do not remember the policy as I never carry on beverages.

• Like 1

I believe HAL offers an option to pre-purchase 12 1 Liter water bottles for $ 32.00 to be delivered to your stateroom.  We did this on another cruise line and found it worth the price to not have to carry water through check-in and to the room.

• Like 1