LAX Parking

cruizinfools

We are going on two repositioning cruises this year which leave out of the port of LA (San Pedro). We will be flying back to LAX after both. Since we live in Palm Springs we plan to drive as the port/LAX is only 2-3 hours away. We are thinking our best option is to leave our car at a lot that is close to LAX with airport shuttle service and then Uber/Lyft to the port. We could do the opposite but from prior San Pedro port experience I don't think there are many parking options in the area. Any recommendations on a parking lot? 

Thanks!

I have used this lot at the airport HIlton.

You can leave your car there withOUT actually staying at the hotel.

You use the hotel shuttle to get to and from LAX:

https://airportparkinglax.net/

Scroll down on the site to see if their are any deals. Some dates are more expensive than others.

I thought it was a secure easy spot that was also reasonably priced.

Some of the airport hotels also have stay and park rates so you might check those out too if you also need a hotel room.

• Thanks 1

We use cheapairportparking.com for LAX parking.  Last trip we parked at the Westin on Century Blvd. for 25 days for $7.95 a day.  Great shuttle to airport.  We have also used 405 parking lot near Century.  Not as many shuttles but good covered parking.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hoopslover said:

We use cheapairportparking.com for LAX parking.  Last trip we parked at the Westin on Century Blvd. for 25 days for $7.95 a day.  Great shuttle to airport.  We have also used 405 parking lot near Century.  Not as many shuttles but good covered parking.

Did you spend a night at the Westin to get that price? And for both the Westin and the 405 parking lot you reserved through cheapairportparking.com? For both of my cruises, the website indicates the Westin is sold out. That seems possible for the cruise in May, but hard to believe that they are already sold out for a cruise in November.

The original intent was just to use the Westin parking, but our flight got changed to early morning and we had to spend the night.  We have used 405 airport parking several times also.  It is on La Cienega just north of Century Blvd.  I would choose the least expensive daily rate and go with them.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me.  We have probably used 20 parking venues as LAX is our nearest airport.  Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Are you sure you don't want to actually stay at a hotel the night before with included parking??

The Westin still has its stay n go rate available for November(although it is a bit expensive).

I tried it to see if it was a good spot for our cruise too.

I am not sure I completely understand your plan. You have 2 separate cruises and both leave from San Pedro but you need to fly back to LAX right??

3 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Are you sure you don't want to actually stay at a hotel the night before with included parking??

The Westin still has its stay n go rate available for November(although it is a bit expensive).

I tried it to see if it was a good spot for our cruise too.

I am not sure I completely understand your plan. You have 2 separate cruises and both leave from San Pedro but you need to fly back to LAX right??

Both cruises are repositioning cruises, not round trip and both depart from San Pedro. The first one is in May, only 5 days, final destination Vancouver. The second one is in November, 16 days, final destination San Antonia, Chile. After both we are flying back to LAX, retrieve our car (wherever it is) and drive home to Palm Springs.

We may stay in a hotel for the longer cruise in November. For the short one, it isn't very economical to stay in a hotel for one night in order to get included parking. The parking lot daily rates would have to be fairly expensive to make a hotel stay a better deal. 

Rather than leave our car in San Pedro, we think the best plan is to park close to LAX and Uber/Lyft to the port, rather than the other way around. We have cruised out of San Pedro numerous times and I think about the only place to park is at the port ($18/day) besides doing a hotel park and cruise package.

Hope this helps. I am trying to find a safe place to park with reasonable rates and good shuttle service that others have used and felt comfortable with.

14 hours ago, hoopslover said:

The original intent was just to use the Westin parking, but our flight got changed to early morning and we had to spend the night.  We have used 405 airport parking several times also.  It is on La Cienega just north of Century Blvd.  I would choose the least expensive daily rate and go with them.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me.  We have probably used 20 parking venues as LAX is our nearest airport.  Hope this helps.

We have seen some negative reviews per 405. Elevator doesn't work, no place to park, people double parked. I try not to read too much into reviews as some people just like to complain. I assume you didn't have any of these issues. And there are many good reviews as well.

Edited by cruizinfools

OK I get it now!

We like coming in a day before the cruise from San Diego but we didn't drive up since we flew back into San Diego not near San Pedro.

Have you checked prices at the Doubletree in San Pedro which has free parking if you book a room?

Otherwise I have not heard great things about that 405 parking and feel safer at a hotel like at the Westin or the Hilton link I gave you .

Sometimes cheapest is not best. Up to you.

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2019 at 1:46 PM, riffatsea said:

OK I get it now!

We like coming in a day before the cruise from San Diego but we didn't drive up since we flew back into San Diego not near San Pedro.

Have you checked prices at the Doubletree in San Pedro which has free parking if you book a room?

Otherwise I have not heard great things about that 405 parking and feel safer at a hotel like at the Westin or the Hilton link I gave you .

Sometimes cheapest is not best. Up to you.

We usually like to come in at least a day or two prior to a cruise, especially if we are flying. We are splurging on this short cruise in May..... we booked our November cruise just two weeks after returning from a cruise in late January.......then this May one popped up.  We have never taken 3 cruises in one year! Anyway in order to trim costs just a little we are choosing to drive in the day of the cruise. Thank you so much for your help. We have reserved with the Hilton and especially appreciate you telling us to scroll down for deals. There was a promo code that gave me an additional 10% discount - every little bit! :classic_biggrin:

You know...this thread has got me rethinking my upcoming trip...It's a short one and I didn't think too much about it...Figured I'd just Uber to LAX and then, six days later, Uber home (Calabasas) from San Pedro.  But, of course, depending on traffic and surge pricing, it may cost quite a bit (We fly out on a Friday evening and arrive back at the port on a Thursday morning)...

Ubers round trip, at a minimum, would be close to $200...if not more.  Leaving a car at LAX means 6 times whatever the daily rate is plus the cost of the ride from Pedro to LAX...

I'm starting to think it makes sense to drive to LAX Friday afternoon, park there...and, when the ship gets to Pedro, either grab a shuttle or Uber to LAX.  I wonder if one of those shared shuttles will just drop us at whatever airport lot we park at rather than at a terminal--that would save us a step on the return end...

I often park on-site at LAX when taking flights for international trips. I also use cheapairportparking.com to find a good rate. Best to book at least 10-12 weeks ahead if possible to get the best rates. I try to find something for $8-9/day, which is generally going to be outdoor secured parking (not a garage).  I have used the Fox Rental Car AutoParks parking several times, as well as Sam's Park, the Westin, and Mega Airport Parking.

To follow upon my prior post, I went to cheapairportparking .com...

i could have gotten Fox for $7.99 per day...but I once had a very frustrating experience with them—way too long a wait for a shuttle, car “parked in” and no one to help...So, I’ve sworn never to use them again.  So, I’ve reserved space at 405–which says “indoor self parking”...Rate is $9.09 per day...so, with tax, it comes to $64 for the six days...and I prefer self park to valet...and covered to uncovered.  For the trip from San Pedro to the lot, I’ll probably take Uber...though Prime Time shuttle will take us for $30 for a shared shuttle...or $32 with a private ride...Uber, if I don’t get hit with surge pricing, should be about the same...but, with Uber, I don’t have to worry about when I get off the ship...

• 2 weeks later...

We use Way.com for parking. We used it when we flew out of Phoenix. Parking was at the Crown Plaza airport hotel with valet service and free shuttle to/from Sky Harbour airport. We paid about $4/day and their service was excellent. Today I just booked LAX parking for $6.75/day. This is for covered parking about 0.8 miles from the airport with free shuttle to/from LAX