Scenic Stockholm, Skyview & Vasa

northernrose

We did this with NCL.   We had a great guide, and a not too full full size bus.  The scenic Stockholm also included a few photo stops along the way, great narration, and a stop near the center where we got some of our own time to walk around.  We saw a musical changing of the guard ceremony, and had an ice cream on the square in front of the Nobel prize museum 

And, the Vasa museum is wonderful.  A definite must do in Stockholm.

However, the skyview didn't cut it for me.  It's exactly as advertised: a ride up the side of a building in a plexiglass sphere.  And you are way up there.  But not knowing the city, being way up there, I didn't necessarily know what I was looking out at.  The plexiglass prevented me from getting any great pictures.  And the sphere holds a limited number of people, so depending on how many are in your bus, you spend sometime waiting  in an over priced gift shop for other groups to take their turn.

For me, the skyview time could have been much better spent with a longer stay at the Vasa museum or in the city center.  But if you are super into weird engineering, the mechanism that lets the sphere go over the dome without dumping you out is pretty interesting.

We did this tour with NCL in summer 2017. It was me alone with two kids (then 11 and 13) I had been to the Vasa Museum before - and would go again and again :-) my kids really enjoyed it too. We also enjoyed the skyview and the free time in the City Center. All in all a very good tour and worth it for me not having to figure out trains etc … our ship was docked in Nynashamn.

We had a absolute gorgeous sunny day and I just love Stockholm!

Have a great time whatever tour you go with!