$299 Magica on 1/29, Where do I book?

Cruisemaiden

Has anyone seen this special for a 7 night Carribean leaving from Ft. Lauderdale on the Costa Magica on Jan 29, Inside cabin for $299? I would be interested in booking this cruise if I can find a place to book it! I got an email from Cruises and More but not sure about that company.

I currently have a cruise booked with Cruises-N-More (HAL Oosterdam) and they have been very good to deal with. If this is a cruise you are interested in, you shouldn't wait too long, especially now since this great deal has been posted on a public board :).

Marie

I finally got the trip booked thru Priceline.com on Saturday...first I was told the $299 were sold out...and by gosh the fella called me back about 30 minutes later and said he found us a room!!!! So we will be there on Sunday with bells on!!!

Just curious whether it is $299 + port taxes or just $299 taxes incl. ?

Thanks

letsgonaw, KTOD72, Cruisemaiden, Welcome aboard. When I recieved a last minute E-Mail from Cruises Only I couldn't believe it. I called the 800 # to make sure. The sales agent said yes, but we have to pay the taxes. No problem. I said book it DANO. The delama I had was should I tell my wife now or wait till next Sat, the day before the cruise. Both of my daughters in law mentioned to me that I better tell her. So I did. Good idea. SEE YOU ALL SOON BIG RAY

I don't know if you guys know or not but if you book thru Walmart Vacations or 7BlueSeas, they DO NOT charge you a booking fee.

And at the latter, sometimes they discount the discounted price

by an additional $15-$30

So here's what we did, booked cruise on-line on Saturday 1/21

thru walmart $296 + $49

taxes, booked airfare 1-way Lax to FLL $99 + $10 taxes, return

could not find anything cheaper other than Delta $139 + $12 tax.

So $1210 for the 2 of us return fare included, not bad! Since we

have a ful day in FLL on our way out and back, I booked a rental

car on both dates thru Dollar for $17 + $8 in taxes.

Hope we can meet some of you guys on-board!

Hey Frugalcruiser, You did good. Anytime you can fly from Lax to FLL and enjoy a 7 day cruise for that price, good going. By the way, I would like to know what you have planned for the cruise at all our Ports. If you come up with any other deals while we're in port, let me know. SEE YOU SOON BIG RAY

Hello RayBee,

Key West: Maybe Sloppy Joe's (although it might be early for that!!!) There's also the famous landmark, the red & black buoy, showing CUBA is 90 miles in this -----------> direction. Wait!! Or was it <---------this direction! lolol

Makes for a good Kodak moment, especially giving the finger to Senor Castro & his compadres. lolol

Cozumel: Might rent an auto there, drive around the island and be taken once again by the Mexicans! No matter how hard I try to outwit them, it always seems to fail! And they have me at a disadvantage cuz I don't speak a word of Spansih. Although in an emergency I know 2 words every Mexican understands and longs to hear: GREEN CARD !!!! lolol

Ocho Rios: Raggae Time! Dunns River Falls (bring your own shoes for the hike up to the falls or pay the MAAAAAAAAAAN $6-$8 to rent a pair! And call your Mrs. MAAAAAAAAM not Ma'am. lolol

Grand Cayman: I suggest all cruisers should go to Hell !!! And send home a postcard to prove they've been there. Maybe swim with the stingrays in Stingray City. lolol

Hope you find the above interesting/entertaining. lolol And see ya soon.

Archived