Shoud l double up?

allygory

So as a first time cruiser I made what I now believe to be a mistake when booking and got the Cruise line travel insurance. 

As someone with medical issues I now believe this is inadequate.  I realize I'm stuck with the first insurance but should I book a second, external policy with better medical coverage?  Will this lead (as having two health insurances in the US would) with each fighting that the other has to  pay?

Not sure what to do, any advice is appreciated

2 issues that I can think of.

Most importantly, when did you make your initial deposit? Sounds like you’re concerned about possible Pre-existing conditions issue. Most 3rd party policies require you to make initial insurance payment within 14 days of initial deposit. The only company that I’m aware of who lets you buy before final payment date is CSA.

Number 2 is that you may still be able to cancel the cruise line insurance. You have to ask whomever you made the purchase with.

Yes, you would probably run into a pissing contest as to who pays first with multiple policies. I don’t know this for a fact though.

• Like 1

You can get Geoblue for pre-existing condition medical coverage in foreign countries ( no U.S coverage) at any time before you leave. 

Re: who pays with multiple coverage, I had to cancel a European river cruise for medical reasons.  Avalon refunded according to their policy for canceling within 30 days.  Then I received the maximum I covered from TravelSafe.  The remainder was reimbursed by my Chase Sapphire card.  I had no problems dealing with all three.  I just had to let Chase know what the other two were covering.

https://www.geobluetravelinsurance.com/mobile/voyager-choice-single.cfm

• Like 2