Laundromat in Ketchikan

Angi485

icon_smile.gif Have you tried Alaska, under the Ports of Call postings. I know that came up when I was looking for the cruise that we took to Alaska. Sorry, just don't recall the port(s). icon_razz.gif

SAILING TRANSATLANTIC ABOARD THE CONSTELLATION

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

GALAXY 10/07/05 WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;10;7;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Just for fun, I did a search on Yahoo Yellow Pages in Ketchikan for Laundromats. There are three. The problem is, they may not be easy walking distance from the ship.

Splendour of the Seas, 11/17/00

Summit, 10/28/02

Mercury, 5/05/04

I too will be looking for a laundromat. Here is my reason.

We are taking b2b repositioning cruises in September/OCtober on the Summit.

We will be flying from SW Florida to Vancouver and spending 14 days doing the Alaska repo followed by the 14 day Panama portion.

Either I have pack mules follow me on the ship, OR I wear the same clothes day after day. So for the sake of my fellow passengers, I am thinking that a laundromat might be a good idea after, lets say, a week.

Everyone has different reasons for taking a cruise. For me, the cruise is the reason. Being able to sit on our balcony and watch the beauty of the surroundings is already a visual dream. When you take a month long trip, daily excursions are not as desired as they are during a one week venture.

I guess the point of this long ramble is that knocking someone's query by telling them that they are being too cheap to pay for the laundry service, or that they should be taking excursions and not wasting time at a laundromat is kind of unneccessary.

If you have a postive reply and know the whereabouts of a laundromat, how about you post it without editorial commentary?

JMHO

7_2_117.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If you have a postive reply and know the whereabouts of a laundromat, how about you post it without editorial commentary?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, bananavan, it appears that you only posted to editorialise as well (albeit pro instead of con), since you haven't provided the location of a laundromat either.

If someone posts here, I think they have to take their chances on getting opinions and free advice along with facts.

I still can't help feeling sympathetic for anyone who has to spend a precious vacation day doing laundry.

Archived