Cave tubing vs. Starfish Island?

suzicruiser

We're cruising next week, so nothing like last minute planning. LOL Anyway, I was thinking cave-tubbing, but hubby says he heard that there's a lot of hitting your butt LOL and thinks maybe we should do a Starfish Island snorkeling excursion he got in his RCCL email.  Any thoughts? I was thinking maybe we'd just snorkel a bit in Cozumel at Moneybar with our own gear. Better to do hubby's idea? Any advice appreciated! 🙂

Hitting your butt in cave tubing depends on the level of the river.  It's "dry season" now so water could be low.  Someone who has been in the last couple of weeks may have a better clue.   We've done this in January and May before and had no issues.

Is Starfish Island the old Rendevous Caye?  Even if not,. I'd suspect you'll find better snorkeling there than in Coz.  While there is iron shore at Money Bar, th good reefs in Cozumel are offshore.

Interested in the OP's take on Starfish Island and the snorkeling. I'll be there on the 23rd and hoping the snorkeling is good. I've heard mixed reviews. I've also heard mixed reviews on Starfish Island itself. Any insight would be awesome!! TIA.

• 4 weeks later...

We did Starfish Island/snorkeling a couple of years ago.  I DO NOT recommend, it was awful.  The water was not clear at the island and there is no sand, only crushed coral of some sort.  The snorkeling tried to cram way to many people in the water at once.  If I wasn't kicking someone in the face they were kicking me. They have bouncers at the island for the kids but of course it's for a fee.  Definitely would never do it again. 

• Like 1