MSC mixed drinks prices

dwade1901

Hello! We are sailing on the Meraviglia in January and have the premium package (drinks up to $12)

Quick question, if I order a spirit and let's say, it's $11 (I don't know if there are any in this category) and include a mixer, would that count as one drink, taking the cost over $12?

Just wanting to double check the details regarding drinks 'up to $12' as I tend to drink spirits with a mixer, rather than cocktails or beers that have a specific price to them

Many thanks :-)

It will count as 2 drinks.  The limit price is just for individual items, not for what the total drink would be.  You can even order a double of anything that's included.

I used to order a double shot of a premium brandy when it was included in the Deluxe package.  It was €12 a drink, but the total was €24 PLUS I'd order a Bailey's as a mixer for it!  😃

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

that's great to know - thanks!!

I assume that the staff are trained to let you know if you do accidentally order something outside of the package code on your cruise card - we had the AIR&B last October on Magnifica but always ordered something that didn't have a * next to it...

The asterisk system was such a good and transparent one.  You knew exactly what was included in each package.  Going forward, we will only have the Premium as the Easy package is too limiting and a huge step down from the Restaurant & Bar package, plus it's €3 pppd more expensive.

25 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The asterisk system was such a good and transparent one.  You knew exactly what was included in each package.  Going forward, we will only have the Premium as the Easy package is too limiting and a huge step down from the Restaurant & Bar package, plus it's €3 pppd more expensive.

Yes = I understand from one of your other posts that the new promotion is only for us in the UK/Ireland. It makes a balcony cruise really good value for money but for any future cruises, I agree that the easy package really would not be worth the money and the premium one (if you have to pay for it on top) is more expensive than what we used to have to pay!!!

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 3:50 AM, Beamafar said:

It will count as 2 drinks.  The limit price is just for individual items, not for what the total drink would be.  You can even order a double of anything that's included.

I used to order a double shot of a premium brandy when it was included in the Deluxe package.  It was €12 a drink, but the total was €24 PLUS I'd order a Bailey's as a mixer for it!  😃

We are in the Bellissima in Nov thru the Genoa to Dubai & also consitdering the premium package  for the same reason as dwade1991 - eays oackage too restrictive. To clarify what you have said Beamafar, if i order a bourbon  & coke, that wld be considered as 2 drinks?

2 minutes ago, rosaree said:

We are in the Bellissima in Nov thru the Genoa to Dubai & also consitdering the premium package  for the same reason as dwade1991 - eays oackage too restrictive. To clarify what you have said Beamafar, if i order a bourbon  & coke, that wld be considered as 2 drinks?

Certainly if you get the coke on the side, it will be.  I'm not sure if it counts as one when the bartender adds cola (rather than give you the can of coke on the side).  I rarely order mixed drinks and, with the cost always being zero, I never look at the receipt to see what way it's shown.

Either way, it doesn't matter as MSC allows you order a number of drinks at a time (though only when they're sure they're only for your own consumption).

• Like 1