Getaway Deck 14

Redsky5292

Quick question, our room is on the 14th deck of the Getaway and we are mid ship, does anyone know if we will be able to hear the noise from the pool deck above?  I didn't even think of that when we booked the room.

Redsky, I assume you have looked at the cruise deck plans and know you are under the pool deck, a few rooms might be under a quiet part of deck 15, however I would suggest immediately booking a cabin on decks 10-13.  Let those booking guarantee or similarly priced rooms get the deck 14 rooms.

On 3/28/2019 at 11:07 AM, Redsky5292 said:

Quick question, our room is on the 14th deck of the Getaway and we are mid ship, does anyone know if we will be able to hear the noise from the pool deck above?  I didn't even think of that when we booked the room.

Depending on where your cabin is located it is likely that you will hear noise both from chairs and the band playing. We were in a spa mini suite on our last cruise on deck 14 and heard the chairs every morning, and the band every afternoon. The balcony was almost unusable because of the noise.

In October 2018, we were on Deck 14 forward right under the spa and heard no noise. Last month, I cruised again and we were Deck 14 forward right under the beginning of the pool deck (right where you walk out from the sliding doors). The difference is that we were in a mini suite. We definitely heard the loungers being moved every day at 6:30 am and 6:30 pm. It wasn’t awful, but I wouldn’t book the same cabin again. Instead I will make sure i’m Under the spa if booking on deck 14 again.