Miami overnight

djd0366

I suggest you look at the Hotel-precruise-postcruise section of the boards. There is someone named TrentS who is a tremendous help. Most people have suggested Holiday Inn Bayside since it is the closest to the port and is right by the Bayside Marketplace. Also apparently, you you can see the ships in the morning. Hope that helps!!

We have done the Holiday Inn MIA (NOTHoliday Inn MIA NORTH) twice going down and once coming back from a cruise without any problems. They are doing some construction clean up from Wilma so getting food can be tricky as the top floor where their resturant was had the windows blown out. There is a Burger King across the street along with a Pico Tropical (sp?) there is also a Bennigan's (Simliar to TGI Fridays, Ruby Tuesdays etc) back by some of the other hotels though that is a bit of a weird walk and if you have kids I would send one person for take out instead of dragging them with you. It is not the Ritz by any stretch of the imagination, but all of the rooms we were assigned have been clean. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the seaport in the morning. They do not have a shuttle back to the hotel from the seaport though. If you are staying there on the way back you can always get a taxi to the airport and get the free shuttle to the hotel again. The free shuttle from the airport also runs back to the airport, unlike the seaport one. You can usually get them on priceline for $30-50 a night. Also if you need hotel reviews www.tripadvisor.com has a lot for the Miami area, thoughsome of the I would take with a grain of salt as people book things and expect a lot more for what they paid.

I saw that youhave kids travelling with you. Based on that,Priceline (which I would normally recommend) would not be a good idea as they only guarantee a room for two. We have found ourselves with one bed on a few occassions.

Arriving late? Stay at the airport unless you need to see the ships in the AM like I do. Holdiday Inn Port of Miami is our hotel of choice but we arrive earlier and take advantage of Bayside across the street. Reson to stay near the airport is that they will generally have a shuttle to the hotel so no cost to you and the taxi will be the same price in the am to the ship as it would be to just get to the hotel the night before your cruise. No experience with airport hotels but seems it might be a great option.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We just completed a cruise on the Radiance on Jan. 15th. We stayed at the Airport Regency hotel. We usually stay at the Hyatt Regency near Bayside but were looking for something a little more economical. The Airport Regency offered free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier. They also provided a complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. The rooms were clean but it definately was not as posh as the Hyatt. I would definately stay at the Airport Regency again, though, as I saved about $150.00 on the room(we paid $90.00 a night!)

We just completed a cruise on the Radiance on Jan. 15th. We stayed at the Airport Regency hotel. We usually stay at the Hyatt Regency near Bayside but were looking for something a little more economical. The Airport Regency offered free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier. They also provided a complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. The rooms were clean but it definately was not as posh as the Hyatt. I would definately stay at the Airport Regency again, though, as I saved about $150.00 on the room(we paid $90.00 a night!)

If you are arriving very late, you are probably better off staying near the airport and just taking a cab to the pier in the morning. The hotel will probably be less expensive and you will only have to pay one cab fare (hotel to pier) rather than two (airport to downtown hotel, and hotel to pier). We did manage to book the Hyatt Regency Downtown for our October cruise on Freedom of the Seas for $115 a room through Priceline.

Archived