Wow... So much negativity on here, just off the Summit and I loved it!!!

deb1eric

18 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Thank you villauk. My thoughts exactly when I read the post and the first few comments that they were new X cruisers that haven’t experienced the brand before. 

To the others. I am am one of the ones currently on Summit. I think my thread was warranted. We arrived to our cabin which was extremely hot. The a/c was not working. When they did the refurb, they forgot to put in a vent. The covered up the entire ceiling. We had to wait to the following day for them to open up the ceiling while we were in port. The vent wasn’t possible so they drilled holes through the ceiling tracks it looks like to let the air in. We are in a suite but regardless of what cabin you’re in that is just absolutely unacceptable. No one noticed????  They also had to replace the thermostat. 

When we initially brought this up to our butler, he showed us how to use the thermostat.  Seriously??? We know how to use one. 

Our cabin has no bedside lamps. The shower toiletries have to be placed on the floor of the shower since they forgot or didn’t think the need to put in a holder.  You have to bend down each time to reach. It is also quite disappointing when you pay for a suite that your balcony furniture is subpar to the veranda categories. 

I dont think we are being picky at all especially with the a/c issue. We are Celebrity cruisers and the Summit was our first cruise. We have been on other lines but Celebrity is our favorite and can understand why a new X cruiser would find the ship wonderful. This is our 5th Summit cruise and while I like the look of the updates and think the ship was in need of an overhaul, the furnishings compared to before are just not comfortable and inviting.  That’s how I feel. 

I agree they needed to have all of the comforts ready for each paying passenger.

If a cabin is not ready to receive passengers properly, then the passenger needs to have their cabin changed to an acceptable one of equal value or greater.

If no such cabin exist, then the passenger needs to be off-loaded and fully refunded because that is not acceptable in the least bit.

bon voyage

Thank you for accentuating the positive. DH and I had our first Celebrity sailing on the Summit about two years ago. We really enjoyed it, so much that we're booked for our second Summit cruise in September. We loved the Summit, and didn't notice how "tired" she was before the Revolution update because our first time sailing her, she was "new" to us. I wasn't expecting the Revolution re-do, that came as a surprise to me. But we are going on our cruise with an open mind, and are looking forward to it. 

• Like 2