Celebrity Charters Bumped Me Again

TxKroozer

On 4/3/2019 at 11:01 AM, Was50! said:

We have booked 14/06/2020 they are not showing this cruise on their website. I contacted Celebrity they informed me it was fully booked ! After speaking to someone else they informed me it was to do with financial pricing and work in progress. They did not know when it will be back on for sale. It is worrying me as potentially I could lose a deal elsewhere.

We are also booked on June 14, 2020 Infinity.  It disappeared from the website just a few weeks after becoming available for booking.  I can't imagine it was fully booked already.  It's very concerning.  

Our June 2/2020 cruise has been shortened to an 11 day.  My booking was literally just updated in the last few minutes to show the change.  Maybe the June 14 is gaining a day.  We lost our stop in Rjeka Croatia.  Celebrity says more info to come....they will call or email us.

On 4/8/2019 at 5:27 PM, Irish Mary said:

We are booked on Infinity June 2020 and it has disappeared from the website! Guess it’s going to a charter! Would be nice to have some communication from Celebrity. Please keep me posted on your resolutions as I will keep you all informed on ours!

Hi just to let you know Celebrity contacted me and have increased our cruise to 8 nights also giving us OBC. Our cruise will now depart on the 13thJune2020.

• 4 weeks later...

Final resolution is done. Can’t believe it took almost a month to complete. Not sure at this point if the dragging was part of Celebrity or Travel Agent. We had a B2B2B on the Infinity and Celebrity chartered the middle cruise. I proposed moving to a B2B on Equinox for same number of total days leaving on 18th instead of 4th of January 2020. We had booked the Infinity for three Cruises as the Perks were so good. Oceanview for Drinks, tips, & $300 OBC each. On one cruise we even got addl $100 OBC and Internet.

I told TA and Celebrity I would not accept any replacement cruise without preserving all Perks. I suggested the Equinox B2B and was will to take Interior Cabin if rates weren’t comparable to the Infinity. 

Results were we got Oceanview rooms on Equinox, Drink Package, $1,300 OBC but we did not get Prepaid tips from TA, but the fare on Equinox was going to be less than the total of tips for 14 days for two and some so we agree to take the lower fare and pay our own tips. All in all it worked out mutually beneficial to all.

• Thanks 1