Internet vs unlimited social media

katesmarma

I'm from the generation that likes to hear a voice instead of get a text. Or only turns on cell when I'm out and about since I still have the relic land line  LOL. Question to you techies. I am taking 25 yr old grand and cell phone addicted daughter on Sun to Havana. As a perk took WIFI. Would the Social media option be the better for my family? They What's App, Face Book and Twitter all day it seems. These go thru cell  phones I believe so is the Social media option my best bet?  Any input appreciated.

The wi-fi option includes everything in the socail media package, but I believe that your minutes are limited, whereas the social media package gives you unlimited time, but limits the sites you can visit. You have to decide which is the best for your family. Personally I think that the unlimited wi-fi package is the best for me.

How does it work. Is a login assigned to one user. Could another one login. Not at same time of course. If assigned to Grand and I just wanted to check e-mails Would I be able to use her log in. 

3 hours ago, katesmarma said:

How does it work. Is a login assigned to one user. Could another one login. Not at same time of course. If assigned to Grand and I just wanted to check e-mails Would I be able to use her log in.

Yes one user at a time but one can log off and another can log on. I'll assume the perq you took was for an allotment of minutes so that if you keep it as is the user needs to remember to log off immediately after "checking". Based on what you outlined the 25 year old is likely going to be using wifi for it would seem the unlimited social media package would be right up her alley.

So true. Grand's cell never more than 1 foot away. My daughter also has a cell phone appendage. Me I'm now more of the "Gibbs" persona LOL. Even tho  when I was so much younger and just starting out in the employment real world  and mainframes were King I programmed in machine language and rooms of keypunchers collected the data ; lap tops and cells were science fiction. Think I will go unlimited starting on Tuesday. Monday in port so hot spots all around. Thanks

If you got the 120 minutes you can upgrade to unlimited for the difference once onboard by going to the internet desk from what I have experienced.  It is so worth it as with 120 minutes I had nightmares I forgot to log off!