Trying to Decide Magic or Horizon

mscinmia

I have a choice for an 8 night cruise.  Itineraries are very similar with the differences being Half Moon Cay for Magic and La Romana for Horizon.  I have been on the Horizon.....  My biggest concern with the Magic is I have read about A/C and mold issues.....any one with recent experience with that?  

This has been asked and answered a lot. I would search around and read some of those threads. Just to find the quote below, there were 6 of these threads in my recent browser history. But here is a good quote from philly and my own thoughts between the two. 

If it was an itinerary I didn't care about, I'd go Horizon and stay on the ship. Did that this year. But personally I preferred Magic over Horizon. Just too crowded for my tastes and Havana wasn't the savior I hoped it would be. I mean it was nice, but I prefer the vibe of Serenity and the furniture in Serenity. And Serenity on a sea day is too crowded.

Phillyfan said it better than me in another thread:

Horizon isn’t much bigger than Magic, but I agree it has features like smaller show lounges, no glass elevators, smaller atrium, no thalassotherapy pool, etc. My wife and I enjoy going to shows, comedy, etc., and the lounges on Vista class ships are too small, poor sight lines, etc. But if these don’t appeal to you, that eliminates a big negative associated with Vista class ships.

Now in regards to your specific concerns on mold and magic, I had to consult google:

I did a google search for the terms magic and mold on the boards and it returned only two threads in the first 5 pages of results. I did another google search on the member review pages and it found 3 results in the first 5 pages of results. So I guess you have to decide if that sample size is enough to raise alarm for you. I have not run into any issues with that personally.