Avoid Princess Insurance if any independent arrangements

Barb0617

22 hours ago, BIGADORF said:

Actually I am in the process of disagreeing with the insurance company right now. I paid $1800 deposit when I booked the cruise.  That was on June 5 2018. The cost of the Platinum plan was total of $630.00. I did not specifically designate a portion of the deposit for the Protection. However, I did receive an email from Princess that same day with a copy of the Protection Plan. Since I received the Protection description on the same day I made the deposit and did not receive any other documentation regarding the protection plan, I believed in good faith that the email attachment attachment of the protection plan meant that I had paid in full for the protection plan. The date that they are using for the 60 day period is October 2018. I have sent the documentation to the insurance company and have been told that they will get back to me shortly.

It seems the name of the game is pay for the protection plan when you dont have any doctors appointments, change in medications, etc and hope that 60 days goes by before you need to see a doctor or change your prescriptions. It seems like the policy from Princess is more for when you are on the cruise rather than having to cancel it for a medical emergency.

We will see what happens.

Princess sends you the email for the Princess Vacation Protection whether or not you paid for it, so receipt of the email does not mean you paid. However, receipt of the email starts the ten-day cancellation window even if you haven't paid for it yet.

The deposit required by Princess does not include the Princess Vacation Protection, no matter what the cost of the deposit is. I always pay $200 deposit ($100 per person) since I use Future Cruise Deposits. My booking shows a total payment equal to the cost of the deposit plus the cost of the Princess Vacation Protection. I have no idea what the cost of the required deposit was for your booking, so I have no idea if you paid for the Princess Vacation Protection also. If your payment is equal to or more than the cost of the required deposit when you booked plus the cost of the Princess Vacation Protection, then you should be covered.