BOSS Excursion and after

BeachMom04

My cruise ship gets into St. Thomas at 8am and leaves at 6pm.  This is our longest port stop.  I'm looking into the BOSS excursion for myself and family.  I'm wondering about the timing.  Will we have time after the excursion to do something else?  I emailed the BOSS company to find out where they dock and to see what they suggest.  I would love to explore the beaches and taste the local flavors at beach restaurants.  Does anyone have experience with this?  I don't want to use all of our time on a ferry back and forth.  Thanks! 

Okay, I found out from a very disinterested NCL rep that the BOSS excursion is from 12:30pm-4pm.  The pick up and drop off is near the ship.  So now my question is what to do from 8am-12:30pm?  Does anyone have a must see beach with a restaurant that we can grab an early lunch?  Again, I don't want to spend all of our time in a taxi and feel like we wasted the day.  Thanks for your suggestions!  

It appears that your ship docks at Havensight.  Getting to a beach from port would be close to an hour round trip.  You always can do the Skyride, shop & go to one of the restaurants near the port, etc.  I wouldn’t recommend trying to completely fill your time (especially if you have kids).

Havensight is the name of the dock (also called West Indian Company) that NCL typically docks in Charlotte Amalie.  The other dock is called Crown Bay.  You can see the exact dock & # of ships in port that day by going to VI NOW.com (take the space out since cruise critic does not allow linking to certain sites).

Here is a short video by a guy describing the 2 minute walk from Coki Beach to Coral World:

https://youtu.be/Fe5l8j-dPTM

Edited by soonernstlouis