Lindos and/or Rhodes Old Town?

Piper77

Would love some opinions on Lindos and Rhodes Old Town or what you did there.  We are in port from 7am to 5pm and I’m trying to decide what to do.  I understand Lindos is about 1 hour away and while it looks beautiful I’m thinking it might not leave us enough time to explore Rhodes Old Town as much as I’d like. 

Both seem like such different experiences that I’m torn about what to do.  Am I wrong in thinking that while Lindos looks like it has amazing views might be worth skipping as we will have already had the white stone village experience in Mykonos and Santorini. Obviously I know they are not exactly the same, but looking to maximize different experiences.

Rhodes is absolutely beautiful and you will be able to spend all your time and far more there.  Its possibly a bit unfair as although I have been to Rhodes several time i haven't bothered to go out to Lindos.  Everything I personally want is available in Rhodes and I absolutely love it.  Rhodes has ancient walls, some ancient sites you can access for free, beautiful churches and well as several museums.  Great shops and if you walk though the walls a stunning fish market.  There is  a craft market on the opposite side of town from the cruise ships (so you get better prices than staying too close to home) and a sea plane base so you can watch the sea planes go in and out.

Its absolutely personal and what suits one person will not necessarily suit another.  But my personal vote would be for Rhodes all the time.

• Like 1