Looking for people in SWFL who spend most time on cruise ships

janemonreal

• 4 weeks later...

Started to cruise in 1994. My boss forced us to take a cruise and relax. I was in the NAVY and did not agree with the idea. I loved the NAVY, but a cruise on another big ship. Well we took a weekend 4 day cruise on the Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress now known as the Empress of the Seas. Did we like it? Three cruises on that ship in the first two months. We got hooked for sure. So far 28 different ships and a total of 70 cruises so far. Retiring in 2010 we have cruised as many as 8 in one year. We have been doing 4-6 a year most every year. All Caribbean. People ask us where are you going. I usually do not remember. My answer is. Out there. All ports are very nice, Some are exceptional for sure. We started on one of the smallest ships and have sailed on the Harmony. We never thought we would like the Harmony because of 6300 cruisers. The ship is so big that most of the time you do not bump into anyone at all. The amenities are excellent as are the shows and the food. decided to give the Harmony a try because of all the hype in the ads on the TV. So glad we did. Won't be going on it any time soon. I was told that the shows do not change for at least 7 years. So, the Allure next. So expensive are the productions, I can certainly understand that. They were awesome. Unlike anything on any other ship. Reason for only the Caribbean. Wife does not like flying. Living in Port Saint Lucie Florida we are 100 miles from Port Canaveral and Port Everglades. Only went to Miami a few times in the beginning. The traffic now between Fort Lauderdale and the port of Miami is crazy. So far this year we have completed 3, the Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas,  What a beautiful ship. Nautical everywhere, just like a ship should be. The upkeep was fantastic. Now one of our favorite ships. The Celebrity EDGE of which we disliked as soon as we got on the ship. Crew was excellent. But never again. Then the Celebrity Reflection. I wonderful cruise , nice ship great food and nice crew members. Next will be the Celebrity Equinox for June 22. I am sure it will be a wonderful cruise and ship. Then a two dayer out of Palm Beach, the Grand Celebration. We do that just to take up the slack, Very inexpensive relaxing cruise on an older Carnival ship that they keep up and it looks great. I mentioned the Royal Caribbean Allure, that will be our September 1st cruise.. Next will be our regular Halloween cruise. Always do Halloween on a Carnival ship. Did a few on other lines. Not as festival at all. That will be on the Carnival Magic. 2020 we are booked on four cruises and will probably do a couple of the two dyers out of palm beach. The NEW Sky Princess, Island Princess, Royal Caribbean Mariner and the Completely gutted and new Mardi Gras for Halloween. So far only two for 2021. Carnival Elation and the completely redone Carnival Victory and changing the name to the Carnival Radiance. The Radiance will have the new Shaq Chicken. That should be awesome. So that is a synopsis of our cruises. Thanks and enjoy any cruises you may take.