Cozumel Beaches

kskelley40

We are doing a B2B in July on NCL Breakaway.  Since we have the same itinerary both weeks, we decided to do an all Beach cruise.  We have been to these ports so many times we aren't interested in shopping, snorkeling, seeing the ruins etc...just the beach.   I also don't want to repeat beaches.  Right now, I am good with the stops except for Cozumel.

We have already been to Playa Mia and I already have reservations at Nachi Cocom for the second week.  So I need one more beach in Cozumel to finish out my plans.

Here is what we are and aren't looking for:

****  All Inclusive - (excluding transportation if need be).  Drinks, food etc... I don't like having to worry about what we are spending during the day.  I like to pay one price, sit back, drink & eat as much as I want and have a great time.  Just like cruising!

Beach - don't expect it to pristine.  Sea grass not an issue.  We are not big swimmers in the ocean but would like to dip our toes if we want.

sand - Some would be nice.  I have read some complaints about the sand or rocks.  Not a deal breaker with us if we have to wear water shoes. 

chairs & loungers. -  Would like a "guarantee" that we will have one if possible.  Also need shade.  It will be July in Mexico after all.

crowds.  -  There will be 5 ships in Cozumel the day we are there.  So, don't want to be too crowded.  Would like to be able to walk/move around without bumping into people.

kids.  -  (Touchy subject I know).  We are in our mid 50's and are kid tolerant to a point.  But don't want to be over run by the little ones.

pool.   - A pool would be nice to cool off in and swim around.  But it is not necessary.

And of course the usual, bathroom.

Food - really looking for good authentic local food.  We try to stay away from the chains, like Margaritaville's, when we are in ports. 

Drinks - of course! 

WIFI - would be nice, but not essential

Not interested in water toys, snorkeling, paddle boating etc...

So not too picky....we basically want a nice location that is all inclusive, has good food and drinks and good service.  Just want to sit back, read, and take photos for our business.

Any help, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Have gone though these threads a lot and just can't pick the last beach.

Playa Palancar is our go to place in Cozumel. Free to use beach and there's a nice restaurant and bar with reasonable prices. Since it is one of the furthest from the piers it tends to be less crowded. more than 10 trips to Coz and we've always ended up here.

1 hour ago, kskelley40 said:

We are doing a B2B in July on NCL Breakaway.  Since we have the same itinerary both weeks, we decided to do an all Beach cruise.  We have been to these ports so many times we aren't interested in shopping, snorkeling, seeing the ruins etc...just the beach.   I also don't want to repeat beaches.  Right now, I am good with the stops except for Cozumel.

We have already been to Playa Mia and I already have reservations at Nachi Cocom for the second week.  So I need one more beach in Cozumel to finish out my plans.

Here is what we are and aren't looking for:

****  All Inclusive - (excluding transportation if need be).  Drinks, food etc... I don't like having to worry about what we are spending during the day.  I like to pay one price, sit back, drink & eat as much as I want and have a great time.  Just like cruising!

Beach - don't expect it to pristine.  Sea grass not an issue.  We are not big swimmers in the ocean but would like to dip our toes if we want.

sand - Some would be nice.  I have read some complaints about the sand or rocks.  Not a deal breaker with us if we have to wear water shoes. 

chairs & loungers. -  Would like a "guarantee" that we will have one if possible.  Also need shade.  It will be July in Mexico after all.

crowds.  -  There will be 5 ships in Cozumel the day we are there.  So, don't want to be too crowded.  Would like to be able to walk/move around without bumping into people.

kids.  -  (Touchy subject I know).  We are in our mid 50's and are kid tolerant to a point.  But don't want to be over run by the little ones.

pool.   - A pool would be nice to cool off in and swim around.  But it is not necessary.

And of course the usual, bathroom.

Food - really looking for good authentic local food.  We try to stay away from the chains, like Margaritaville's, when we are in ports. 

Drinks - of course! 

WIFI - would be nice, but not essential

Not interested in water toys, snorkeling, paddle boating etc...

So not too picky....we basically want a nice location that is all inclusive, has good food and drinks and good service.  Just want to sit back, read, and take photos for our business.

Any help, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Have gone though these threads a lot and just can't pick the last beach.

You are seriously limiting yourself on Cozumel if you want AI. You basically have the choice of AI hotel resort day pass (several available - check out Shore excursioneer for suggestions), Paradise Beach, Sanchos, Sky Reef or Uvas. I need a lounger in the shade too but most places are first come first served with regard loungers and I don’t know of any that will guarantee a shady lounger.

We have done several hotel resorts. We just did a repeat day pass to Park Royal - very convenient 5-10 minute walk if you dock at Puerta Maya or International. Very small, shallow beach cove for swimming - i did wear beach shoes, but three pools. I like the free form pool away from the beach and found shady loungers. Shady loungers on the beach more difficult to find. Snack bars available and inside lunch buffet, which is a welcome change from the heat.

If you liked Playa Mia, you may like Sanchos or Paradise but they are all places geared to more activities and therefore kids. We are slightly older than you and tend to only choose them when traveling with adult kids, or grandkids. 

sky Reef has no natural beach and is more geared to snorkelers.

none of the AI beach bars will serve authentic local food but most will offer varying qualities of TexMex.

23 minutes ago, maldenmusic said:

Playa Palancar is our go to place in Cozumel. Free to use beach and there's a nice restaurant and bar with reasonable prices. Since it is one of the furthest from the piers it tends to be less crowded. more than 10 trips to Coz and we've always ended up here.

We like Palancar too but it is not AI as the OP requested.

However I forgot that there is a new section on that beach that opened  called Maya Palancar which may offer packages but has different owners as far as I know. I cannot comment on this new place as i have never been. There was one bad review I read on CC but then all reviews are subjective. 

No pool at Palancar.

Edited by c-leg5

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

We like Palancar too but it is not AI as the OP requested.

However I forgot that there is a new section on that beach that opened  called Maya Palancar which may offer packages but has different owners as far as I know. I cannot comment on this new place as i have never been. There was one bad review I read on CC but then all reviews are subjective. 

No pool at Palancar.

I misread the OP's statement and agree that the AI in Coz is very limited.

Paradise Beach now offers AI and meets your other requirements.  If you choose a lounger back a bit and away from the water toys you will have fewer kids to deal with.  5 ships is an average day for Cozumel.

25 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Paradise Beach now offers AI and meets your other requirements.  If you choose a lounger back a bit and away from the water toys you will have fewer kids to deal with.  5 ships is an average day for Cozumel.

thanks...I have been leaning towards Paradise Beach.  Either there or Mr Sanchos.