Boston - excursions after disembarkation

The Odd Couple

Does Celebrity usually run any excursions after disembarkation at Boston or if not, could anyone recommend a tour operator who might pick up at the port or locally, please?  The flights back to the UK are out of range at the moment, but usually depart around 1915 hours, so don't really fancy hanging about at the airport for hours.

Thanks for your invaluable help.

When we were in Boston a few years ago (intermediate stop), I enjoyed using the Hop On Hop Off bus which came out to the port area.  Not sure what you would do with your luggage though.  The terminal is quite large so I wonder if they might have a place to store your luggage as I'm sure there are always pax on the many cruises that stop there who are in a similar position as you with late flights.

Edited by BarbinMich

Boston is a fun city to walk about.  The Duck Boats will tour both the city and the harbor.  I grew up just outside the city in the suburbs and use to take the train into "town."  There is a nice aquarium, The North End (Italian restaurants, and the Boston Public Gardens.  By all means get out and about.  It's a nice place to spend some time.  

Absolutely spend some time in Boston, especially if you haven't been here before. I'm not sure about the luggage, however --- hopefully someone else will chime in on that. You don't need a tour, just do a little research on what you'd like to see, take a cab or Uber into the city and stroll around. Lots of history via the Freedom Trail and Faneuil Hall. The area around the Common and the Public Garden is scenic and fun. The North End is really a Little Italy. And the shopping in the Newbury St area is fantastic. Don't forget to stop and eat while in our city ---- lobster and lobster rolls, clam chowder, friend clams and other seafood, top notch Italian food and pastries in the North End. All of these areas are a short ride from the pier and from the airport, although do allow extra time for our infamous Boston traffic!

• Like 1

Consider the Rowes Wharf water taxi where they will store your luggage for free. The harbor islands are interesting, but so much to see in Boston. What are your interests? We've been to the Cotswolds and know the immense history of the region....you have us beat by centuries. 

Darcy