Trouble getting cribs/pack-N-plays on RCI?

jaygee77

I have an upcoming sailing on RCI's Independence of the Seas. We're taking our 1 year old, who will need a pack and play to sleep in. Is there any risk of these being unavailable? We will have one with us anyway to use the night before we set sail, but not sure if we should go through the hassle of bringing it on board or just leave it in the car. 

Thanks! 

I have an upcoming sailing on RCI's Independence of the Seas. We're taking our 1 year old, who will need a pack and play to sleep in. Is there any risk of these being unavailable? We will have one with us anyway to use the night before we set sail, but not sure if we should go through the hassle of bringing it on board or just leave it in the car. 

Thanks! 
Have you called already? I was on RCI and called ahead. Don't remember if they said there is a chance we won't have it. We are on Princess this weekend and when I called, they said it won't be available to reserve unless one was available.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Two cruises with RCI where we needed a pack and play.  We reserved one both times through our TA. 

First cruise was no problem,  it showed up within minutes of us being in the room. 

However,  the second cruise we never got it.  We went back and forth with multiple people and they could never produce one for us.   After a week at sea sleeping in the bed...the boy refused to go back to sleeping in a crib once we got home. 

Ah fun times!

If you have it with you anyways,  I would probably just throw a tag on it and send it up to your room.

Edited by mdjohn5
  • Like 1

We are getting ready to go on our third RC cruise with our little one (now about 19 months), and I would day bring your own.  Cruise #1 we requested and our TA verified before hand and we had no issues getting it BUT it was a “mini/travel” pack ‘n play, and even at about 8 months it was a snug fit for our little one.  She is tall, but on our most recent cruise when she was 13 months I don't think she would have comfortably fit.  We will be bringing ours (all the way to Europe) for our next trip in a couple weeks.

On a side note, I have also heard that it is pretty questionable if/how the ships clean these cribs between guests.  How would you clean the mesh sides?!? 

I’d bring my own... ☺️

I don't worry too much about germs. No more than at the playground. We have traveled a lot with our girl and there were some wooden cribs in Asia with teeth marks! She added to them...

I am surprised you found the travel crib small. My baby (16 months now) is a little shrimp though but she had tons of room . This was our recent one on Princess a few weeks ago. Same one RCI uses. I sent mine back on our RCI Cuba cruise because we were in a tiny OV cabin.

20190417_095750.jpg

Edited by chinita415