Harmony of the Seas - Dining

Hi -- 

We are going on a Harmony of the Seas cruise from August 25 - Sep 1. The itinerary is as follows:

Day 1- Departure

Day 2- Coco Cay

Day 3- Cruising

Day 4- St. Thomas

Day 5- St. Martin

Day 6- Cruising

Day 7- Cruising

We are trying to figure out dining - we would like to do a mix of main dining room as well as specialty restaurants. We were considering purchasing the three night dining package to do Izumi, Wonderland and Chops. Here are my questions:

1. When I go to purchase the three night dining package, it asks me to pick a time on Day 1 or 2 but it doesn't ask me for what restaurants or times at them? If I purchase this package, do I have to wait until I am on board to select the nights and times of each meal?

2. We will have our three year old DD with us. Are there any specialty restaurants she wouldn't be allowed in? Her grandparents are coming with us, so that doesn't rule out the restaurants. We are not bringing her to Wonderland, for sure, but we were hoping to bring her to Izumi and Chops. 

3. On the above itinerary, which nights would be formal nights? Is there a way to know for sure? 

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you must make reservations on board for dining packages.

No age restrictions.

Formal nights most likely nights 2 and 6.  One can never be sure with Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for the quick reply!

With regards to making the onboard reservations, is the selection of dates and times typically very limited once you're on board? It would be nice to be able to do it all online. When you select the time and Day 1 or 2 online, are you supposed to be having a meal at that time then or is it just a placeholder? Do you have to have one of your three meals on Day 1 or 2? It's a little confusing with the online interface.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, ckdsweet said:

Thanks for the quick reply!

With regards to making the onboard reservations, is the selection of dates and times typically very limited once you're on board? It would be nice to be able to do it all online. When you select the time and Day 1 or 2 online, are you supposed to be having a meal at that time then or is it just a placeholder? Do you have to have one of your three meals on Day 1 or 2? It's a little confusing with the online interface.

Thanks!

You can make all your specialty dining reservations online if you like.  Just pay full price and pick each restaurant individually.  Part of the reason you are getting a price break with the dining package is to fill in slots left open by those who paid full price and reserved pre-cruise.

If you are flexible with day/time, and go to any specialty restaurant to make reservations as soon as you board, you should be fine.