Suite question of the Princess Royal

Hydro pool lover

The only thing is do you want morning sun on way down or back up......?   We had port side so morning sun going down and afternoon sun coming back.  It worked out well that way as it gets colder coming back especially on last day at sea.....it was so cold and windy up on deck we could not go up.  Our friends had L107 up front Lido and had lots of wind such that they could not be out on balcony lots of the time.  Up/down movement is great up there as well......be aware.

I forgot.....Cabo is tender port you'll be out in the bay and ship turns so your view will vary.  In Mazatlan the ship backs into port so Starboard will be dockside and in PV she backs into port as well so starboard is dockside there to.  Do you want to look at sea (Mazatlan) and Stone island or port shipping containers......in PV port side will look at other ships next to you starboard at the land.

2 hours ago, Hydro pool lover said:

Which suite is the better location on the Royal for the  Mexican cruise, C101 or C102?

My choice would be C-101 just so I could get a good view of the Battleship Iowa as we headed down the channel to the sea on the day of embarkation.  Other than that, I think either cabin would be ok as you will have a view one way going south and the opposite way when heading north.

2 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

My choice would be C-101 just so I could get a good view of the Battleship Iowa as we headed down the channel to the sea on the day of embarkation.  Other than that, I think either cabin would be ok as you will have a view one way going south and the opposite way when heading north.

Remember the Royal is backing out of port (it's too long to turn) as you leave......starboard side C101 will not see the Iowa but C102 will.......it has to back out and turn around in open water......it was weird.

2 minutes ago, Qcruise said:

Remember the Royal is backing out of port (it's too long to turn) as you leave......starboard side C101 will not see the Iowa but C102 will.......it has to back out and turn around in open water......it was weird.

Thank you.  I was not aware that the Royal could not turn around before heading for the sea.

I actually didn’t find it made a difference with these particular ports. Just off the Royal on the 13th in A101 and honestly none of the ports were particularly scenic or beautiful to pull into you won’t miss much it is not like pulling into port in Greece or Croatia. Our friends were in A102. Enjoy your cruise 😋

I agree about the importance of seeing the Iowa.  And when you see her, remember that her sister ship, the U.S.S. Missouri, is the ship where the Japanese surrender was signed, in Tokyo Bay.   The Iowa has "61" on her bow.  The Missouri has "63"

on hers.  

Ultimately, then, these incredible ships are ships of Peace.