3 ships in port, too many...

MeganGC1983

to go to the baths? I’ve read it can’t be overcrowded at times. Our ship gets there an hour before the other two. Will it get crazy? If we make an early ferry can we “beat” the crowd? Any info, suggestions, advice appreciate. Thanks! 

Ok, just wondered about the number of day visitors that day. I see the AIDAdiva arriving at 9, not sure what the 3rd ship is...But yes it will be a busy day at the Baths.

Taking the earliest ferry on your own would probably be best since folks from the other ships can go later if they want to try to avoid the biggest crowds. Not sure if taking this excursion through the ship would be any better, I would think a self-excursion would give you more flexibility, and you would certainly have more time on Virgin Gorda going on your own. I would hook up with a taxi driver when you arrive and ask if he/she can offer any ideas on where to go first to maximize your day. They may recommend going to Savannah Bay or another spot first...And the Baths are worth the effort!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, blue_water said:

Ok, just wondered about the number of day visitors that day. I see the AIDAdiva arriving at 9, not sure what the 3rd ship is...But yes it will be a busy day at the Baths.

Taking the earliest ferry on your own would probably be best since folks from the other ships can go later if they want to try to avoid the biggest crowds. Not sure if taking this excursion through the ship would be any better, I would think a self-excursion would give you more flexibility, and you would certainly have more time on Virgin Gorda going on your own. I would hook up with a taxi driver when you arrive and ask if he/she can offer any ideas on where to go first to maximize your day. They may recommend going to Savannah Bay or another spot first...And the Baths are worth the effort!

Thank you! I figured going on our own would be best. DH hates waiting on everyone on tours. I just didn’t know if it would be super crazy there. I thought AIDA had another boat in port that day, but maybe I just didn’t look close enough and it was a double up of same boat info. 

Tortola was the main reason we booked this itinerary. Apparently, it was Antigua when first released, but Carnival changed it with all of the fighting with the govt there. Excited to see it. Thanks again. 

Tortola is my favorite vacation spot. We built a home in Mexico because my wife prefers that, but I love Tortola...Both Virgin Gorda and Tortola are beautiful islands to spend the day on. If you are interested you can also rent a car on VG at Mahogany rental for ~$70 - $80. But taxi fares are not that expensive in the Valley area, ~$5pp each trip...

• Thanks 1

We are so far out that obviously nothing is in stone, but I do want to get to the Baths, have lunch and then walk up to Spring Bay away from the masses at Devil’s Bay until ferry time, but the Rental car thing does sound awesome. 

Yes you may decide on a daysail or other option, so many great choices. For example Aristocat Charters has 4 itineraries, one of which is a mooring off the Baths...Patouche may have something similar...

The car rental gives you the opportunity to escape the crowds even more and explore the North Sound area of VG, maybe have lunch at one of the nice resorts there. If you want research that check out the VG forum on trip advisor. We are more familiar with Tortola but you will find folks on that forum who are more intimate with VG.

A daysail or a rental is a great way to experience an area with fewer crowds...

Edited by blue_water
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blue_water said:

Yes you may decide on a daysail or other option, so many great choices. For example Aristocat Charters has 4 itineraries, one of which is a mooring off the Baths...Patouche may have something similar...

The car rental gives you the opportunity to escape the crowds even more and explore the North Sound area of VG, maybe have lunch at one of the nice resorts there. If you want research that check out the VG forum on trip advisor. We are more familiar with Tortola but you will find folks on that forum who are more intimate with VG.

A daysail or a rental is a great way to experience an area with fewer crowds...

Thanks so much for all of the info. I’m super excited now