New Sweden Port

marsabez

Does anybody know if guests on Getaway will be provided free transfer to Stockholm if they made the reservation before the port was changed to Nynashamn?  In the email they said that transfers will be available for purchase on board...  Thanks,

2 minutes ago, marsabez said:

Does anybody know if guests on Getaway will be provided free transfer to Stockholm if they made the reservation before the port was changed to Nynashamn?  In the email they said that transfers will be available for purchase on board...  Thanks,

This is happening again?  We had a switch way back in 2012 and they didn't.  It has happened a few times since.  Latest reports from last go around they were giving transfers to those that reported back.  YMMV.

We were on the Breakaway last August (2018) and the port was changed after we made our reservation. A couple of days before Stockholm we received a notice in our cabin on how to obtain our transfers at no charge. 

We also got OBC for the difference in port charges. I don’t remember exactly how much it was but we were a family of 16 and it added up to quite a bit. 

The bus ride into Stockholm was very enjoyable. 

Edited by MNmariner
Misspellings

20 hours ago, MNmariner said:

We were on the Breakaway last August (2018) and the port was changed after we made our reservation. A couple of days before Stockholm we received a notice in our cabin on how to obtain our transfers at no charge. 

We also got OBC for the difference in port charges. I don’t remember exactly how much it was but we were a family of 16 and it added up to quite a bit. 

The bus ride into Stockholm was very enjoyable. 

We didn't get squat way back but do agree the ride which is just under an hour was enjoyable and scenic.  I have heard sailing in and out of Stockholm is quite an experience though.

I heard they had a dock now, was that the case for you?