NCL Sky refurbishment Feb. 2019

Jean2065

Hi Everyone,

we have booked a Penthouse on NCL Sky for June 2019. I have read numerous articles about the ship refurbishment this year ( stem to stern ) but I can't find a lot of information about cabins in general being updated except an USB port being added. The pictures looks like they need improvement. I was wondering if anyone has sailed since Feb.2019 on this ship.  We usually sail on Princess and know what's going on. Living in Florida helps getting away for a long weekend and this ship does that.

I sailed the updated Sky in March, and yes the cabins were updated but I'd call them "refreshed" instead if "refurbished."

All new carpeting has been added and  there's new artwork on the walls - both to give the rooms a more muted relaxed tone that fits with the line's Edge program and newer ships. Gone are the bright [tacky] colors. And yes, there are USB ports by the beds and new lamps.

However, the rooms contain the same old vanities and closets, which are already chipping and we felt NCL should have updated these too. There is a lack of storage in staterooms and this was NCL's chance to add some more. Bathrooms are also still the old, sterile white and the mirrors in the bathroom should have been replaced - they're corroding and chipping around the borders.

So overall, an improvement, but don't set your expectations too high.

Thanks for the update. It is what I thought it would be. We have been sailing on Princess the last 30 years and know what to expect from them. They do not do the quick weekend cruises except if they have a new ship they are introducing. Princess just refreshed an older ship we we were on many years ago and there is new mattresses and carpet but the rest of the cabin looks dated. For us this is also an experiment with a forward penthouse. If we find the wind an issue it's only 4 days not 28-30+. In the aft suites there is a soot issue we have become use to. We're not going to keep our expectations too high. Glad the carpet was replaced.