New US rules for Cuban Travel on the way?

Cienfuegos

US national security adviser John Bolton has signaled that more changes are on the way for Cuba - US relations.  In a Miami speech, he announced strict limits on remittances from US residents to Cuban family members, and stated that non-family (tourist) travel would undergo changes.  Details will follow, but the announcement is already creating significant concern in Cuba.

Travel experts suggest that people who have reservations for travel to Cuba not change them at this time. However, prospective travelers should stay in close touch with their providers. My GUESS is that the visa category "support for the Cuban people" will be excised from the purpose of trip choices.  That would leave alternatives for non-family travel such as import / export, religious, medical, educational, etc which would not accommodate the typical visitor.

Conde Nast Travel:  https://www.cntraveler.com/story/travel-to-cuba-the-new-restrictions-explained

That helps a bit.  I am one of those people with a cruise planned for early next year.  Already have my airfare to Miami as well.  I booked the cruise solely to visit Cuba.  Hope it is a trip I can take!

1 hour ago, Denise Lichtenberger said:

We booked our first cruise recently for October mainly to visit Cuba.   Not sure if I should just cancel now while I can get all money back.  I have not booked air yet, and am definately hesitating to do so now.

See what happens the first week of May and go from there as long as you r still in the Cancel zone and all $$ back 

Edited by LaCal