Lirica 21 day cruise - 9 or 10th deck inside?

mef_57

First MSC cruise Dubai to Venice (21 days). Solo traveler.

Agent has an inside deck 10 midship cabin on hold for me (10081). It's the last Fantastica option for 1 traveler on Deck 10. It is midships, but at the ships 'bulge' where the walkway turns a corner with some void on the side and an empty space in the centre of the ship(so hard to describe). As well as being on a corner where I feel I will hear more discussion in the halls as people approach, there is that funny void space beside and behind, and it is under the Spray Park so I worry about early morning deck chair noise.

My alternatives are  9th deck midshp or forward. At least here I can get a cabin with cabins below and on either side....but there is that void space in the middle of the ship.

I suspect I have convinced myself to  change from deck 10, but wanted to see whether there were experienced feedback.

Thank you,

I see the cabin you have on hold. I would not worry about the location on deck 10 itself but being directly under the public space might be a problem. Although depending on time of year the spray park might or might not be active. 

Hi again 

We were on deck 9, inside cabin 9101, never had any noise problems. 

The crew started to set out deck chairs at around 6/6.30am.

Does anyone know if the spray park section of the ship is new after the lengthening? And if so are the cabins any more modern? There was nothing wrong with ours other than the shower space being very small. 

Thanks for the replies.  I think I will aim for a deck 9 cabin option.  I generally wake early, but don't want the scraping deck chair type alarm clock.  It does seem a running comment that the showers are small.  I'll work around it somehow, though as a larger stature, it could make for clingy curtains (ugh) or wet floors.    So, does adding clothes pins on the curtain hem to add some weight to keep it taut help with the cling wrap affect?  I'll have to try that.  I have some clip on weights for picnic table tablecloths that might solve that.

As to the spray park, I think you are correct that it is a new addition. " The ship was renovated in 2015 as part of the "Renaissance Program" extended by 24 meters and expanded by nearly 200 additional cabins. In addition, the range of spa services has been expanded: The ships offer an enlarged MSC Aurea Spa with more massage suites, a newly designed spa area and a spa doctor for tailor-made health and beauty treatments. In addition, an outdoor water park was created. "  I guess the 'outdoor water park' is the "spray park' on the deck plan.