Solo meet ups

Tootsiepop6

Yes there are. Check the daily for the time. When I was on the Jade in January we met in the Spinnaker Lounge. Although I thought it was weird the did not allow the solo coordinator to book dinner reservations for the solo travelers. 

• Like 1

All solo events are available to anyone travelling solo regardless of cabin type!

On Embarkation day, there will be a meet and greet for solo travelers.  If the ship you are travelling on has a Solo Lounge, it will typically be held there - but they will prop the door open to the Solo Lounge so everyone can attend (the exact location will be listed in the Freestyle Daily).  The Solo Coordinator will generally take everyone's names and cabin numbers to keep you updated on events that happen during your trip.  They would typically leave me voicemails to let me know of dinner or show times in case I wanted to attend with other solo travellers.

After that, the nightly get-together will be held near a bar/lounge as listed in the Freestyle Daily.

Edited by Patakun

10 hours ago, lepidoptera said:

Yes there are. Check the daily for the time. When I was on the Jade in January we met in the Spinnaker Lounge. Although I thought it was weird the did not allow the solo coordinator to book dinner reservations for the solo travelers. 

I was on the Jade, end of January and found it weird as well. Fiona, our solo co-ordinator, flat out refused to help organize any of our meals. Dining was left entirely to us even when I suggested it had been all organized on my previous Jade TA cruise in April 2018.  Also strange, was that they divided our groups, straight and LGBTQ (apparently their hostess was willing to make all sorts of arrangements for them)  I have no idea why since I became friends with lots from either group. Just found it unusual is all. 

Cheers

All-ready2cruise.  That is strange.  I had Fiona on the Getaway last October and she arranged the whole week.  Had a schedule for us to sign up in things we were interested, did shows, ropes course, and dinners.  If we expressed an interest in the diner show or Ucanvas, she was always willing to help us set that up.  She was great!  Back a couple years ago I had a Ron for a solo coordinator on the Dawn.  He had just switched from the Breakaway and said he felt as though he had less abilities on the Dawn than the Breakaway.  On the Dawn he wasn't able to set up diners, but he kept trying.  The hosts at the dinning rooms seemed so frustrated with him each time he showed up with our group of 8-12 for seating.  Seems the experience will vary from ship to ship and coordinator to coordinator. 

Back to the OP.  Even ships without studios will have a solo coordinator and solo meetings every night.  Keep an eye on your dailies as the location can change from day to day. 

• Like 1