MSC Bellisima Barcelona disembark time

mainstreamliam

Hi

We are sailing on the Bellisima in July from Barcelona. On disembarking we are planning a private transfer to a hotel along the coast. What is the procedure on disembarking?

Ship says it docks at 7am. Is there an earliest or latest time we can leave and hence book our transfer for. There's a group of 9 of us including 5 children so want to make sure we aren't sitting around for too long waiting and have time for breakfast before disembarking.

Thanks

It is done usually by room number/transfer to airport if flying at certain times etc

It could be possible to do an express check out which means you take your own bag off instead of leaving it outside your room the night before disembarkation

Breakfast is always open before the first people get off

You don't have to get off at your prescribed time but must be off by the latest time shown on your disembarkation paperwork that will be left in your room.

You can always request the latest disembarkation time (which is usually around 10.10am) so that you have a definite time slot, allowing you to have a leisurely breakfast.  You need to go to Guest Services a couple of days beforehand to arrange it;  we chose the latest disembarkation time before and found it was the best time as everyone else was off at that stage.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mainstreamliam said:

Hi

We are sailing on the Bellisima in July from Barcelona. On disembarking we are planning a private transfer to a hotel along the coast. What is the procedure on disembarking?

Ship says it docks at 7am. Is there an earliest or latest time we can leave and hence book our transfer for. There's a group of 9 of us including 5 children so want to make sure we aren't sitting around for too long waiting and have time for breakfast before disembarking.

Thanks

We sailed on Bellissima a few weeks ago embarking and disembarking in Barcelona.

The first people were off about 07.30am and then at 10 minute intervals until the latest disembarkation time which was 10.00am.

I trust this helps and hope you have a lovely cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:02 PM, Norwich Cruiser said:

We sailed on Bellissima a few weeks ago embarking and disembarking in Barcelona.

The first people were off about 07.30am and then at 10 minute intervals until the latest disembarkation time which was 10.00am.

I trust this helps and hope you have a lovely cruise.

Norwich Cruiser - When you disembarked from the Bellissima, what time did your cruise ticket say would be the disembarkation time?  For the May 31st sailing the itinerary section of the cruise ticket shows 7:00 AM arrival but the cruise ticket shows disembarkation starting at 9:00 AM.

Embarkation Date 05/31/2019 Your check-in opens* 15:15 Barcelona, Spain

Your check-in closes 16:00

Disembarkation Date 06/07/2019 Disembarkation starts at** 09:00

**When planning your returns individually, please consider that disembarkation might take up to 2-3h due to operational needs.

The Barcelona port website also has MSC arrival at 7:00 AM so the 9:00 AM disembarkation time seems strange. We booked a flight at 11:15 AM and now we are concerned about being off the ship early enough to get to the airport by 9:30 AM. We had anticipated being off the ship no later than 8:30. 

We've disembarked in Barcelona several times (RCCL and Celebrity) and we had no issue catching an 11 AM flight when cruising on Celebrity most recently so we didn't hesitate to book the 11:15 AM flight. We travel light and always do self-disembarkation and we already had planned to ask MSC to give us priority disembarkation because of early flight. I will feel better if it turns out that MSC normally indicates 9:00 AM on  their documents just to make passengers cautious.

Thanks

Carol

1 hour ago, Pasha said:

Norwich Cruiser - When you disembarked from the Bellissima, what time did your cruise ticket say would be the disembarkation time?  For the May 31st sailing the itinerary section of the cruise ticket shows 7:00 AM arrival but the cruise ticket shows disembarkation starting at 9:00 AM.

Embarkation Date 05/31/2019 Your check-in opens* 15:15 Barcelona, Spain

Your check-in closes 16:00

Disembarkation Date 06/07/2019 Disembarkation starts at** 09:00

**When planning your returns individually, please consider that disembarkation might take up to 2-3h due to operational needs.

The Barcelona port website also has MSC arrival at 7:00 AM so the 9:00 AM disembarkation time seems strange. We booked a flight at 11:15 AM and now we are concerned about being off the ship early enough to get to the airport by 9:30 AM. We had anticipated being off the ship no later than 8:30. 

We've disembarked in Barcelona several times (RCCL and Celebrity) and we had no issue catching an 11 AM flight when cruising on Celebrity most recently so we didn't hesitate to book the 11:15 AM flight. We travel light and always do self-disembarkation and we already had planned to ask MSC to give us priority disembarkation because of early flight. I will feel better if it turns out that MSC normally indicates 9:00 AM on  their documents just to make passengers cautious.

Thanks

Carol

We were given 08.30 disembarkation time labels went and changed them to 08.00 

At 08.00 we walked off the ship collected our luggage into a taxi there were hundreds of them all lined up all within 15 minutes absolutely no wait and were at Barcelona El Prat airport at 0840 for a 10.50 flight back to the UK.

4 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We were given 08.30 disembarkation time labels went and changed them to 08.00 

At 08.00 we walked off the ship collected our luggage into a taxi there were hundreds of them all lined up all within 15 minutes absolutely no wait and were at Barcelona El Prat airport at 0840 for a 10.50 flight back to the UK.

Thank you.  It's good to know that you got off the ship and to the airport in such a timely manner. That's been my experience with other cruise lines but after completing web check in when we viewed our e-tickets it worried me to see 9:00 AM listed as the disembarkation START time. Based on your experience, I'm not going to worry about it.  Even if we disembark 9:00-9:30 we should be fine if we can get a taxi right away.

I was also happy to read your post about embarkation. Our documents indicated embarking at 3:15 and after an overnight flight from JFK I really didn't want to wait that long to go to the cruise terminal so I was happy that you indicated you were checked in before 11 and ready to board. Hopefully our Black Card status will help us with quick check in and boarding will be fast.

Carol

5 hours ago, Pasha said:

Thank you.  It's good to know that you got off the ship and to the airport in such a timely manner. That's been my experience with other cruise lines but after completing web check in when we viewed our e-tickets it worried me to see 9:00 AM listed as the disembarkation START time. Based on your experience, I'm not going to worry about it.  Even if we disembark 9:00-9:30 we should be fine if we can get a taxi right away.

I was also happy to read your post about embarkation. Our documents indicated embarking at 3:15 and after an overnight flight from JFK I really didn't want to wait that long to go to the cruise terminal so I was happy that you indicated you were checked in before 11 and ready to board. Hopefully our Black Card status will help us with quick check in and boarding will be fast.

Carol

Our original documents gave us an embarkation time of 2.30 so hopefully you will absolutely no boarding issues.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.