Ovation May 2, 2019 Bait and Switch cruise?

Two Boys Cruising

This will be my 60th cruise, and honestly it has been the most changed itinerary I have ever had.  Except for an overnight in Lahaina, we are now practically a cruise to nowhere.  The itinerary changes have been endless.  They have offered compensation on two of the changes.  For the next ones, nothing.  Anyone else sailing on the endless parade of sea days?  

TBC

Are you in penalty phase yet? If not I'd cancel and find a more suitable itinerary. If you are I'd get your TA working on this so they give you adequate compensation. Are they refunding all the port fees for missed ports?

12 hours ago, wripro said:

Are you in penalty phase yet? If not I'd cancel and find a more suitable itinerary. If you are I'd get your TA working on this so they give you adequate compensation. Are they refunding all the port fees for missed ports?

They are supposed to be giving us back one day of the cruise price back as onboard credit, refunded to credit card if not used.  None of us have seen that computation yet of course.  We are well beyond the penalty phase, we sail Thursday.  They waited until two weeks out to start one by one making the changes.  It really is ridiculous.  Another person on the board got hers refunded in full.  She is retired flight crew and lost nothing on the air.  I was already on the way to Hawaii when it all started.  Traveling with my 82 yo mother so not easy to change courses quickly.  We are along for the ride such as it is.  

Have you talked to your TA about this? He/she should be able to get you something substantial for all these changes and inconveniences. Remember the cruise lines count on people being too timid to make a stink. Make one and you might get rewarded.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...