Can I invite someone to my table for dinner?

briternik

We will have a group of 12 on our cruise.  10 of us have early dining.  2 of us have anytime dining because early wasn't available when they booked.  I'm wondering if it will be possible for the two just to join us?  Our ressies are all linked (6 cabins), so perhaps they will put us together anyway.  Anyone have any experience with this issue?

They will not be able to just show up for early dinner. They have to adhere to the YTD. When you all board, check your S&S cards for your dinner times. If your still split up go to the dining room and request the 2 to be assigned early dining. You can also e-mail the mtre’d and make the request. I don’t know the address, never had to do a change. Good luck.

37 minutes ago, briternik said:

We will have a group of 12 on our cruise.  10 of us have early dining.  2 of us have anytime dining because early wasn't available when they booked.  I'm wondering if it will be possible for the two just to join us?  Our ressies are all linked (6 cabins), so perhaps they will put us together anyway.  Anyone have any experience with this issue?

They will not just put you together. 10 will have early dining and the other 2 will have ATD. They cannot just show up to an assigned table. If you get assigned to a 12 top (the largest I think) there will probably be others occupying the other 2 chairs.

Either try to change it before the cruise or talk to the maitre d on the first day when he is accepting requests. 

Ok. Thanks for the replies.  I will email the mtre'd before we leave.  I have been on a cruise once where a couple of ladies brought a friend they had met who was solo cruising and they let her join us.  It was a big tabletop, though, and there were empty seats of other guests who didn't show that evening.  I remember the staff seemed perfectly fine with it.  In this instance, it will just be our family at the table, therefore, wouldn't intrude on other people's "space", so I thought it might be more acceptable.  

14 minutes ago, briternik said:

Ok. Thanks for the replies.  I will email the mtre'd before we leave.  I have been on a cruise once where a couple of ladies brought a friend they had met who was solo cruising and they let her join us.  It was a big tabletop, though, and there were empty seats of other guests who didn't show that evening.  I remember the staff seemed perfectly fine with it.  In this instance, it will just be our family at the table, therefore, wouldn't intrude on other people's "space", so I thought it might be more acceptable.  

If pushed, the wait staff are unlikely to contront guests seating at the unassigned table.  It is the Maitre's responsibility to prevent that.  The wait team do not get the grats for the guests who are supposed to be elsewhere.  

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

If pushed, the wait staff are unlikely to contront guests seating at the unassigned table.  It is the Maitre's responsibility to prevent that.  The wait team do not get the grats for the guests who are supposed to be elsewhere.  

A good point about the grat’s .

Talk with Matre D before and set it up. Last cruise we were able to set it up ahead of time. Might depend on how many people are showing up. We were late and many people never showed up the entire 12 days